Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #41
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Sooooo, ive been on an emotional rolkar coaster lately. Im trying really hard to be calm and rational 33w tomorrow so i know baby could possibly be here in 6-7 weeks o.O im not ready.

Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #42
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 10th - 16th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Had a wonderful baby shower. All my work colleagues were so generous. I don't think I'll have to buy anything out of pocket for this baby on my wish list after gifts and the generous gift cards. I feel so blessed.
That's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Sooooo, ive been on an emotional rolkar coaster lately. Im trying really hard to be calm and rational 33w tomorrow so i know baby could possibly be here in 6-7 weeks o.O im not ready.
Glad to know I'm not the only emotional/grouchy one! Oy!

I'm refusing to even consider that Hiccup may come before 40 weeks. Absolutely refuse to! None of the others have, surely he can't come early... we really need all the time we can get to get ready!
9 weeks is few enough - and I'm for an extra week even!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #43
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

I'm refusing to even consider that Hiccup may come before 40 weeks. Absolutely refuse to! None of the others have, surely he can't come early... we really need all the time we can get to get ready!
9 weeks is few enough - and I'm for an extra week even!
I have a feeling LO will come early... so I need to get my behind in gear!! I tend to ovulate earlier in my cycle so I don't think a week early is too crazy here....eek!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #44
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I have a feeling LO will come early... so I need to get my behind in gear!! I tend to ovulate earlier in my cycle so I don't think a week early is too crazy here....eek!!
I've had this feeling pretty much form the begining... though as a first timer I have no idea where I'm getting it from.

However add in that little guy has shifted down this week.... I won't say dropped... but he's definatly lower. I can breath again, that little foot is no longer wedged under my ribs and I'm gaining a new appriciation for how unpleasant headbuts to the bladder are.

I started a pile things for the baby at the hospital last night so I could work out what all i still need to get. I figure if I'm already to go he'll stay put to the last minute.... if I'm totally not ready he'll be early just because.

ISO: Fuzzibunz Elite OS, Lg Boy-ish G-diapers, MEAF M, ML, L
IHA: Sm G-diapers, pouches, g-cloth, NB Alvas, NB Sandies, NB Prefolds, NB Bummis covers
KendallMarie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #45
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

I feel like I might go early too, she's measuring so big and since we weren't TTC I'm really not positive on my dates. I was induced early with DS for medical reasons so no idea when he would have come naturally, though my labor wasn't too bad for an induction, and my first labor. 6 hours from breaking my water to him being born.
After today I have 5 days off work! We are going up to my IL's on the north shore, it's so gorgeous up there, I'm excited!
We still really need to get serious about looking at vans. My parents and my IL's have a toyota Sienna so we've been looking at those. In fact my parents offered to let us take theirs up north this weekend to get a feel for it.
Anyone have exciting plans for Valentines day???
We are going to surprise the kids and pick them up after school, and take them to the movies They both have their valentines for their class all ready. Last year DS and I were still living in the city, and at the school there they had to call it friendship day, because I guess Valentines Day is technically a religious holiday. So they couldn't do much to celebrate, we weren't allowed to send anything that said Valentines. So I'm excited for DS to get to celebrate at school this year.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #46
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

AFM: Yesterday, after getting to town in the morning and running around all day, I was super exhausted and hormonal - grouchy and grumpy. It sucked. And it's not better this morning. I can't wait until everyone leaves for school/work cuz at least then I've only gotta deal with myself and Levi.
Oh shoot. Just remembered tomorrow is FIL's birthday. I don't think DH asked his mom if she's planning anything yet. Just asked, nope he hasn't. We'll call tonight. My SIL is flying in on Saturday ( haven't seen her in forever!) so likely MIL will want to wait until she's here, but we'll check anyways. Would probably work out best that way cuz the kids missed gymnastics last week and will probably miss next week (DD definitely will, she's away on an over-night field trip) so getting there tomorrow probably would be a good thing!
Did you do anything for fil's bday or holding off?

Quote:
maybe I figured out why I've been grumpy and grouchy - through this morning I've started with rotten sinus pressure/headache. Boo.
I had some of DH's mango salsa for lunch - hoping to chase away the cold with the spice!
Yuck! Still feeling like its coming?

Quote:
Had a wonderful baby shower. All my work colleagues were so generous. I don't think I'll have to buy anything out of pocket for this baby on my wish list after gifts and the generous gift cards. I feel so blessed.
How nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
I've had this feeling pretty much form the begining... though as a first timer I have no idea where I'm getting it from.

However add in that little guy has shifted down this week.... I won't say dropped... but he's definatly lower. I can breath again, that little foot is no longer wedged under my ribs and I'm gaining a new appriciation for how unpleasant headbuts to the bladder are.
Oh the bladder headbutts! So much fun. Yesterday I woke up and though I had a bladder infection. My mom rolled her eyes at me and said, "wait five minutes and baby will move." And he did. I knew better, but think I am just looking for something else to add to my stress.

No Valentines Plans here. dS and I had made cards for the whole family and of course he is will be with my in-laws for the actual day. Oh we'll a few days late wont hurt. Hoping my mom doesn't bring home candy! That's just what I need -candy and bed rest. I can see the weight gain now!

Afm: first full day of bed rest! Yesterday I went to the hospital for my second steroid shot for baby's lungs. My mom met my in-laws half way and dropped off Joey until Friday night. Everyone is back at work. So it's me and the couch!

Joey did get into daycare and starts Monday. DH should be home on r&r sometime next week. Have a follow up with my regular Ob on Friday, growth ultrasound in2.5 weeks with the MFM. Best news is baby cooked another day and I woke up with only old blood.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #47
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Oh the bladder headbutts! So much fun. Yesterday I woke up and though I had a bladder infection. My mom rolled her eyes at me and said, "wait five minutes and baby will move." And he did. I knew better, but think I am just looking for something else to add to my stress.
Yeah I might be a bit in denial that he's moving lower already... decided I better take an extra cranberry extract capsule just in case it's an infection. But there really is no denying I can breath again.

Valentines for me... I'm ordering a heart shaped pizza and curling up to watch somethign Jane Austen.... Mansfield Park or Persuassion I think. Probalby sounds a bit pathetic but I'm looking forward to it. I've wanted that heart shaped pizza for a few years now... so I'm haivng it darn it.

ISO: Fuzzibunz Elite OS, Lg Boy-ish G-diapers, MEAF M, ML, L
IHA: Sm G-diapers, pouches, g-cloth, NB Alvas, NB Sandies, NB Prefolds, NB Bummis covers
KendallMarie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #48
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
No Valentines Plans here. dS and I had made cards for the whole family and of course he is will be with my in-laws for the actual day. Oh we'll a few days late wont hurt. Hoping my mom doesn't bring home candy! That's just what I need -candy and bed rest. I can see the weight gain now!

Afm: first full day of bed rest! Yesterday I went to the hospital for my second steroid shot for baby's lungs. My mom met my in-laws half way and dropped off Joey until Friday night. Everyone is back at work. So it's me and the couch!

Joey did get into daycare and starts Monday. DH should be home on r&r sometime next week. Have a follow up with my regular Ob on Friday, growth ultrasound in2.5 weeks with the MFM. Best news is baby cooked another day and I woke up with only old blood.
Hooray for another day!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #49
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Yeah I might be a bit in denial that he's moving lower already... decided I better take an extra cranberry extract capsule just in case it's an infection. But there really is no denying I can breath again.

Valentines for me... I'm ordering a heart shaped pizza and curling up to watch somethign Jane Austen.... Mansfield Park or Persuassion I think. Probalby sounds a bit pathetic but I'm looking forward to it. I've wanted that heart shaped pizza for a few years now... so I'm haivng it darn it.
We were going to get a heart shaped pizza too, yummmm! But our movie starts at 4 so we'll probably eat snack there and then just something easy.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #50
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
la la la - can't hear you!

I keep having a feeling that Hiccup will come early to really throw a wrench in plans for getting ready. As of right now, DH is planning on doing the bedroom downstairs with FIL... over Spring Break... that's the last week of March - only 2 weeks out from EDD?!!!!

Quote:
I started a pile things for the baby at the hospital last night so I could work out what all i still need to get. I figure if I'm already to go he'll stay put to the last minute.... if I'm totally not ready he'll be early just because.
Exactly to the bolded, exactly!

FWIW, you probably won't need too much for baby at the hospital. You'll need some clothes (we just take sleepers and onesies, and a going home outfit - don't forget a hat!), a few receiving blankets, and diapers.
About diapers - baby likely won't go through as many as you think he will. They want baby to have wet and poopy diapers pretty much equal to each day - day 1 they want one wet and one poopy diaper, day 2 they want 2 of each, etc, until day 5/6 then they should be having 6+ wet and at least a couple dirty diapers each day.
So, if you're only at the hospital for the first day or 2, you really don't need that many diapers! We took 18 for Levi and we had tons left unused - I mean, not a big deal, just bring them home and use them, but it would possibly save some bag-space not to take quite so many. I think this time I'll take a dozen, then if I need more I can always get DH to grab them for me as he'll be in and out to be with the other kids as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
After today I have 5 days off work! We are going up to my IL's on the north shore, it's so gorgeous up there, I'm excited!
Anyone have exciting plans for Valentines day???
We are going to surprise the kids and pick them up after school, and take them to the movies They both have their valentines for their class all ready. Last year DS and I were still living in the city, and at the school there they had to call it friendship day, because I guess Valentines Day is technically a religious holiday. So they couldn't do much to celebrate, we weren't allowed to send anything that said Valentines. So I'm excited for DS to get to celebrate at school this year.
Have a good mini-vacation! Sounds like fun!

Love your V-day idea for the kids - they'll have so much fun! I hate that bigger schools are not allowing for holiday celebrations... yet halloween is just fine? Disgusts me.

We don't really do anything ourselves for V-day, never really have. If DH's parents offered to watch the kids, I'd say yes to going for dinner or something, but it's just not a big day for us.
The kids have valentine's for their classes at school, and the whole school always goes for the day to a local provincial park - skating, hockey, sledding, etc - they have a great day!

Quote:
Did you do anything for fil's bday or holding off?

Yuck! Still feeling like its coming?

MIL is taking FIL out for supper, we're all going to get together on the weekend when SIL is here and have cake

Not feeling so bad today - may have to have more salsa for lunch Seemed to help!

for only old blood! That's good news!!! And for your DH getting home - that will be wonderful, I'm sure!

Quote:
Sounds like a good day to me!

AFM: Levi keeps asking to "see baby" - meaning he lifts my shirt and pats/rubs my belly. Very cute!

Since we're not going to town tonight for FIL's bday it's just a normal Wednesday - school for everyone, then gymnastics right afterwards. Nothing too major - and, bonus, DH has to make supper cuz I've got the kids at the gym!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote