Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #11
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Maternity Clothes

I will probably pick up a few things at yard sales, but I probably could make it through without buying anything. And...who am I kidding, I'll pick up some stuff on clearance because I am a clearance-aholic. I'm actually really looking forward to getting out the maternity totes because there's some cute stuff in there. I've been needing to go regular clothes shopping but I'm glad I waited.

Advertisement

jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #12
bigmamahayes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't need anything. My last two pregnancies were the EXACT same time frame as this one, and they were in Hawaii, now I am in San Diego. I won't really need maternity clothes until summer, and I have tons of summer stuff.

But, this girl got lucky and won a $500 Destination maternity/Motherhood/Pea in a Pod gift card from my local country radio station last month! Woot! I will probably get a few cute tops and a new pair of jeans, and a couple summer dresses. But, what I am really looking forward to is doing something I would NEVER do out of pocket, and that is buying one of the ridiculously priced maternity ball gowns from Pea in a Pod, for the Navy ball when I am 39 weeks pregnant...at the outlet, on clearance of course.
Amy Kay, Air Force vet, Navy wife to Bradrick, mommy to Jocelyn (3/08), Samuel (10/09) and Carolyn (10/11), expecting #4 in October, Jesus loving, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, extended rear facing, epidural loving, bargain hunting, marathon running, full time online student and dancing drama queen. http://www.happyteamhayes.blogspot.com
bigmamahayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #13
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamahayes View Post
I don't need anything. My last two pregnancies were the EXACT same time frame as this one, and they were in Hawaii, now I am in San Diego. I won't really need maternity clothes until summer, and I have tons of summer stuff.

But, this girl got lucky and won a $500 Destination maternity/Motherhood/Pea in a Pod gift card from my local country radio station last month! Woot! I will probably get a few cute tops and a new pair of jeans, and a couple summer dresses. But, what I am really looking forward to is doing something I would NEVER do out of pocket, and that is buying one of the ridiculously priced maternity ball gowns from Pea in a Pod, for the Navy ball when I am 39 weeks pregnant...at the outlet, on clearance of course.
Oh my goodness that is awesome!! Happy for you, but totally jealous.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #14
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Oh my goodness that is awesome!! Happy for you, but totally jealous.
I agree. So cool. I don't know if I'll be buying anything this go around. I tend to where a lot of skirts and dresses, and I have quite a few nursing/maternity ones that I'm still wearing. Hopefully I can get away with the one pair of maternity jeans I have (the ones with the stretchy belly panel from motherhood), for when it gets colder out. Plus I'm sure I'll be miserable at that point and probably won't be leaving the house much. Hmm, maybe I'll splurge and buy a second pair.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #15
Amock777
Registered Users
seller

I am going to have to check out those gap maternity jeans now. I need to buy some stuff since I lent most of my maternity stuff to my husbands cousin who didn't return them. And some of the stuff I wore all the time during my last 2 pregnancies started ripping and fading at the end.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #16
mhschool6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
How do the gap jeans fit? What's so great about them? Convince me!

I'm on the short but chubby size (5'5', 230lbs) with most of my weight in my belly and sort of a no-butt. Would they be a good fit for me?
I have to admit, I was lurking here. But I am about your weight, just a little taller. And I totally prefer Motherhood over Gap. The XL fit me like a glove!!
Hannah- married to M for 14 yrs: Mama of 7 amazing children! Ages 13yrs down to 23mos And expecting #8 January 2014!!!
mhschool6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #17
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhschool6

I have to admit, I was lurking here. But I am about your weight, just a little taller. And I totally prefer Motherhood over Gap. The XL fit me like a glove!!
Thx! A couple of the other lady's descriptions had me thinking gap wouldn't be a food fit for me. But yours is helpful to confirm. :-). My big-belly-no-butt self would probably look silly in jeans meant to leave ample room for booties and thighs while hugging a smaller waist... I'd probably look like I was wearing giant clown pants if I found a pair that fit my waist...
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:19 AM   #18
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I bought two gap rouched shirts and a pair of shorts on eBay for $25. And picked up 2 cute dress shirts at a thrift shop for a buck a piece!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:28 AM   #19
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I went to OUAC when we took my DD to the neuro last Friday and they had a sale on their maternity stuff. Since everyone here has been talking about them, I got a gap skirt and pair of capris.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #20
newMama9.08
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got rid of a lot of my maternity stuff thinking that we were done, so when the kids consignment sale went to 50-75% off, I got some tops for work for $3 or less each, and a Motherhood outfit with pants and top for $5. I also got two bathing suits since we go to the beach a lot in the summers, and so I'll need to dress appropriately! I have to look and see what I still have to see if I need anything else...
newMama9.08 is offline   Reply With Quote