Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #121
Registered Users
Location: We are an Air Force family that lives were the military sends us
Re: Introduce your Preemie(s)!

Hello I am the mother of 2 premmies my daughter was born at 35 weeks and was 6lbs 9oz and we luckily did not have to have anytime in the nicu with her. I had what they thought was a gull bladder disease and ended with preclampsia and had her via c-section in Dec 08. My son was born last Sept. at 28 weeks and was 3lbs and we spent 2 months in the nicu with him. I had a rough pregnancy as I was put on bed rest and found out that I have a condition called HELLP which I had with my daughter.

crockpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #122
lilannies mama
Registered Users
I have a daughter who was born 2 months early and she weighed 2 pounds 5 ounces. She was in the nicu for 50 days. She is now a beautiful healthy one year old.
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #123
Registered Users
My Mood:

Wanted to introduce us, we are new to diaperswappers, I'm excited that there is an area for us preemie parents.

Our little spirit boy is Casper, in my avatar, he was born Sept 26th and 26 weeks right on the dot. Casper was 1.5lbs when he was born and spent almost 4 months in the NICU. My water broke a week before he arrived and though we tried to keep in him longer it just didn't happen as we both ended up with a severe infection, they only found out after I delievered that my placenta was full full of infection and that is likely why my water broke in the first place.

Being that our first 2 were overdue and HUGE babies at 8lbs 9oz and 9lbs this was a whole new experience for us. Cazzy is now 16lbs at 16 months.

Cazzy is 16 months and has had a rough first year, spent another month of the summer in the PICU because he was just not gaining and got extremely sick after his hernia surgery, but he's amazing. He has a severe animal protein allergy so he's on Neocate, severe reflux on 2 meds, and his body processes fat differently so his formula needs to be super concentrated for him to gain anything. He receives OT, PT and SLP weekly in the home and we are waiting on EI as he is in the process of being diagnosed with CP, just waiting on the MRI to confirm.

Dec 31st was his due date so it's coming up to his "would have been" birthday soon.

Last edited by momgoddesswife; 12-20-2012 at 12:06 PM.
momgoddesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #124
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
My Mood:

awww he's very cute- welcome!
mama of two lovely kids!
Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #125
Registered Users
Hello preemie mamas! We had 2 full term HUGE babies before having our first preemie due to pProm at 32 weeks. Marleigh is now a very smart, energetic 18 month old. Seeing her now at 23lbs, you'd never know she weighed 4lb 8oz at birth. She spent 22 days in the NICU. We recently (12/23) welcomed our second preemie, a 36 weeker. Noah spent no time in the NICU and the only issue he had was some issues with his blood sugar. 7lb 5.1oz, if he'd stayed put until term he surely would have been big like our two full term girls (Mackenzie age 12, birth weight 9lb 7.6oz and Madelynn age 8 almost 9, birth weight 9lb 9oz)!
[SIZE="3"]Married to Mike~ Proud mama to Mackenzie (13), Madelynn (9) ,Marleigh (25months), and Noah (11months) We are a family
nursemama23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #126
Registered Users

Hi mamas! I'm Allison, FTM to Ezra, who was born September 2012 at 31w6d due to severe preeclampsia (although I'm pretty sure his due date was about a week earlier than it should have been - NICU staff agreed that he was definitely a 31-weeker, not a 32-weeker). He spent 66 days in the NICU and came home the day before Thanksgiving . He's now 4 months actual/2 adjusted and doing great! Growing like a weed, on track developmentally as far as we know, and making progress toward coming off his oxygen. We just switched him into CDs and I'm wishing we'd started earlier! I love them!
science_mama87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:31 PM   #127
Registered Users
New NiCU baby for me... Everett was born today at 32.1 weeks weighing 4.13 lbs and 18 1/4" long. So far he's doing great! He is big and feisty and only requiring Cpap at room air right now. This is our fifth baby, third Nicu go round. My oldest is the only one who skipped the NICU. My 5yo daughter was a 4.4 lb 32 weeker who spent 42 days, 3yo twins were 32.3 weekers 4.3 and 4.6 lbs who spent 30 days each and came home on oxygen and monitors, and my surrogate daughter was 31,6 weeks 3.6lbs and a two month stay. Not new to the scene unfortunately... Just thought I would introduce us to other who can relate to the chaos of the NICU! Sitting here pumping currently ;-)
*~*Amanda- US Navy wife to David, mommy to Kaiden (2/1/05), Kyndal (7/18/07), Identical Twins Rowan and Ryder (8/20/09), surrogate mother to Maddie (3/8/2011) and our newest rainbow, Everett (1/23/13)
mommy2fourmunchkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #128
Registered Users

Hi there! I'm mom to Izzy who was born at 25 weeks 1 day back in September. She was born via emergency c-section after I had a placental abruption and began to hemorrhage. I have PCOS and only knew I was pregnant for five weeks before she was born.

She weighed 1 pound, 5.5 oz and fit inside my bra with me to do kangaroo care. We were in the NIC for 134 days and have been home now almost three weeks. She's nine pounds, on 1/4 liter oxygen, but otherwise doing really well. We've been cloth diapering since we got home.

Purplecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #129
Registered Users

#1 was born at 35 weeks weighing 4#9oz, #3 was born 34 weeks at 3#6oz and #4 was born 28 weeks at 2#7oz. My kids are currently 8, 7, 15m and 5m..
NYMommy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #130
Registered Users

Hey all my name is Elizabeth & I had my preemie boy at 33 weeks & 3 days. On Valentines day I went into preterm labor & nearly 3 hours later my little man made an early appearance into the world. They took him to the NICU almost immediately, where he spent a little over a month of his life. He was born naturally, with no pain medication used. He weighed 3 lbs 8 oz when he was born and was 17 1/4 inches long.

Here is a picture of him just after birth:

And here is a picture of him in his NICU days:

And here he is now! At 3 months old actual and 1 month corrected:

I am so excited to go on this journey with my Valentines Miracle I can't wait to watch him grow!
rockstarstateofmind is offline   Reply With Quote