Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
bebeboy03
Registered Users
seller
seller

Educated guess/crazy opinions?

So, I saw my regular family doc yesterday because I was having some numbness in my right arm. Anyways, she wanted to do some blood work just to rule some things out and suggested doing a quantitative hcg test as well. How could I refuse?! I was 6 weeks yesterday when they drew the blood the results today were 42,383. I know this is within the normal range for a singleton, but I am awfully nervous now for multiples. Anyone else want to guess?

Advertisement

cautiously expecting #4 October 2013
bebeboy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh yea, I'm betting on a double bun in the oven!

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Educated guess/crazy opinions?

I don't much about hcg numbers but that does seem kinda high. I'll throw my vote in for twins as well.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
bebeboy03
Registered Users
seller
seller

You know after I got those results that I spent the rest of the day googling things about twin pregnancies. And after reading all that, I'm even more nervous that its twins. I have a lot of the same symptoms: extreme exhaustion, a flood of MS and nausea, my belly is sticking out quite far for being just 6 weeks. I'm already uncomfortable when bending over.

The thing that scares me the most about having twins is that I can't even carry a single baby past 35 weeks. How am I going to carry twins to a healthy term?! I really don't want 28 week babies!

I guess we will know for sure come March 4th.
cautiously expecting #4 October 2013
bebeboy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #5
ciles
Registered Users

My Mood:

ooooh- can't wait to see what they say!

We were worried about multiples but thankfully at our first u/s yesterday there was only 1!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #6
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebeboy03 View Post
You know after I got those results that I spent the rest of the day googling things about twin pregnancies. And after reading all that, I'm even more nervous that its twins. I have a lot of the same symptoms: extreme exhaustion, a flood of MS and nausea, my belly is sticking out quite far for being just 6 weeks. I'm already uncomfortable when bending over.
I feel the same way!! I have had 4 children (2 bio, 2 surro-babies), all in the last 5 years. So basically.. I have 4 children, and my oldest is 5. He is my only boy. My girls were easy. Only exhausted towards the very end, no nausea, belly didn't get 'hard' until 20 weeks, easy peasy.

I'm TERRIFIED this is twins. And I already know it's a boy if it's just one baby. I never break out, never fall asleep in the middle of the day, never have a 'hard' pregnancy belly at 6 weeks!! Scared to death it's twins. I do home daycare for other kiddos, and have a newbie starting in a month. Basically.. it's go-go-go. Kids all over the place all day, lots of work. I will most likely have to quit work early, and go on bed rest.

I was excited for an easy pregnancy, now I am worried sick. I'm going to tell my DR I don't know my due date so they have to do an ultrasound, because I need to know. Either I'm having a huge baby boy (and will need to sleep non-stop like I did with DS), or there's two, and I will be in for.. nightmares.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
solobluedancer
Registered Users
seller
seller

Old 02-23-2013, 06:32 AM   #8
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=bebeboy03;16285999]The thing that scares me the most about having twins is that I can't even carry a single baby past 35 weeks. How am I going to carry twins to a healthy term?! I really don't want 28 week babies!QUOTE]

Hopefully it is just one REALLY healthy baby!
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #9
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well the numbness is from a pinched nerve...