Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #41
Registered Users
Lol. I think most of these replies are all assumptions based on why people would choose close spacing, which in my opinion, certainly isn't for everyone but works for some people.

I've had 5 in 5 years, all of my babies have been perfectly healthy. We did lose one to an umbilical cord accident which was terrible but not because of any problem with her or I. My blood counts, vitamin levels, pregnancies, etc have all been easy. Not that that is a guarantee, but my OBs and midwives say there is no reason to space out longer than we want. This is probably a very personal thing. I've been able to breastfeed and tandem nurse (my almost 3 year old self weaned at 29 mos) and I just think everyone's different (some people's milk dries up, etc). We loved having babies close in age, love seeing them play together now, and love the bond they share and so do we. I love that they have each other and we feel so thankful for each of them. I think it's silly to say they're losing their babyhood.... Try telling a 13 month old they're not a baby anymore lol!! Of course they are!!!! For us, it really works well and we don't have any issues with it. If I had health issues or wasn't able to nurse that would probably factor in, or had high needs kids... They're all easy going, fun to be around, good eaters and sleepers, etc. That probably helps. Oh and I have a masters in early childhood education, so I am putting my degree to good work!

*Lynn* Catholic mama happily married to *J*
SAHM to Avé (10-24-07), Matthew :wave2: (12/17/08), Angelina (5/24/10), our angel Abigail (6/23/11) and our newest blessing Ayla Rose (9/1/12)
girlichick is offline   Reply With Quote