Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
Hellga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What to pack for birth center?

Title says it all What did you/will you pack for a delivery at a birth center? Mine sends women home after an average of 4 hours, maximum 12 hours, so no need for days worth of clothing or anything.

Advertisement

Slowly but surely making money with Swagbucks!
Hellga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I took the basics...clothes to labor in (skirt, soft bra, tank top, which I wore on the way there), something to wear in the tub (said bra), something to wear home (same outfit I came in). Clothes and diapers for the baby, receiving blankets. Food to eat during/after labor (clif bars, dried fruit, chocolate, pretzels...I was STARVING afterward, and my mom went and bought me a big pancake/egg breakfast to go at a local place to eat before I went home). Personal items: Chapstick, depends (yes, really! They are SO nice for the first few days post-partum!), socks, travel toiletries (toothbrush, shampoo that I didn't use, etc.). Camera! iPod with several different birth playlists depending on my mood. A beach towel to have in the car on the way there in case my water broke on the way. Carseat for the baby, of course. Hope you have a wonderful birth! My first was born at a birth center, and it was a wonderful experience!