Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #41
MakingHome
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What does your midwife charge?

Oh yeah my $2800 for apprentice in TX was for paying in full by 28 wks.

Advertisement

I aim to encourage Christian women at Making Home.
MakingHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #42
aylasmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaratliff
$3,900 in california. Covered all prenatal, birth and 24 hr, 72 hr, 2 week, and 6 week check ups. As well as well baby check ups at those post partum visits. So basically no need to leave the house for 2 weeks Those fees also included a birth tub. They did not include any testing, but my mw has connections to a lab that offers cash paying customers a wonderful discount.
Who did you use? (since you're only 30 min from me :-) )

Foggy Knits WAHM Page Foggy Knits Facebook
aylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #43
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mine had a cap that no one would pay more than $2400, our insurance covered a portion of it but we still paid about $1000 between out of network fees and u/s. she bases her cap off what the state medical insurance pays out. She's awesome and I think could charge loads more.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #44
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliz7 View Post
$6250 for prenatal, home birth, 48 hour home visit, 6 week pp check. I'm in nj.
same here! hey, we might have the same midwives.

i used different local midwives for my last birth but the price was comparable and my ins. reimbursed us 75% after the fact. i dont think our new ins. is going to be as good about it.

Last edited by nettepoet; 02-19-2013 at 12:32 PM.
nettepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:51 AM   #45
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nettepoet

same here! hey, are you in central jersey? we might have the same midwives.

i used different local midwives for my last birth but the price was comparable and my ins. reimbursed us 75% after the fact. i dont think our new ins. is going to be as good about it.
Yup! central jersey. i used ......... I LOVE them........ has been at 3 of my births.
Happy to be again after a bit of a break

Last edited by eliz7; 02-19-2013 at 06:26 PM.
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #46
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Yup! central jersey. I LOVE them. ******* has been at 3 of my births.
oh, good to hear a personal recommendation from someone! i used other midwives last time. i loved the prenatal care i received but during my labor/birth her and i clashed a lot. she first didnt believe i was in labor (hello- i had already been through it!) and was about to leave my house in a huff when her partner said it wouldnt hurt to check me and found i was 7 cm. the thing is her energy and attitude actually made my contractions disappear for an hour when she arrived. even after that she had this tough love kind of stance and since i didnt progress quickly or on her timetable (my son was malpositioned), i felt nervous energy from her the entire time. it made me sad bc my first natural hospital birth i had gotten bad attitudes from the nurses and really hoped to be supported in my own home. to be fair to her, she had been up allllll night with a mama who bled right before i went into labor, i know im crabby when i dont sleep. but no hard feelings for her, she is a wonderful person who was probably having a bad day. i just wouldnt use her again.

so, yepp im with ****** this time around and trying to decide if i want to deliver at home again or not. this is my 3rd kiddo and i have huge spaces between them- DD will be 14, DS will be 6, and ill have a newborn baby girl...ahhhh! im a sucker for starting over it seems.

Last edited by nettepoet; 02-19-2013 at 12:31 PM.
nettepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #47
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nettepoet

oh, good to hear a personal recommendation from someone! i used dina and linda last time. i loved the prenatal care i received but during my labor/birth dina and i clashed a lot. she first didnt believe i was in labor (hello- i had already been through it!) and was about to leave my house in a huff when linda said it wouldnt hurt to check me and found i was 7 cm. the thing is her energy and attitude actually made my contractions disappear for an hour when she arrived. even after that she had this tough love kind of stance and since i didnt progress quickly or on her timetable (my son was malpositioned), i felt nervous energy from her the entire time. it made me sad bc my first natural hospital birth i had gotten bad attitudes from the nurses and really hoped to be supported in my own home. to be fair to her, she had been up allllll night with a mama who bled right before i went into labor, i know im crabby when i dont sleep. but no hard feelings for her, she is a wonderful person who was probably having a bad day. i just wouldnt use her again.

so, yepp im with *************** this time around and trying to decide if i want to deliver at home again or not. this is my 3rd kiddo and i have huge spaces between them- DD will be 14, DS will be 6, and ill have a newborn baby girl...ahhhh! im a sucker for starting over it seems.
They are AMAZING!! I def recommend a hb with them. They delivered my BFF's baby after 24 + hours on thanksgiving and not a MOMENT of "timetable" issues. Her husband made a thanksgiving feast during the labor(it was centering for him, he suffered from anxiety) and we all ate an amazing meal and she pushed out a sunny side up 9 lber! Her first! It was amazing!

My labors are like a blip all 4 combined was about 6.5 hours! But I've witnessed them in all their glory with my friend so I can honestly say you will be well taken care of!
Happy to be again after a bit of a break

Last edited by eliz7; 02-19-2013 at 06:27 PM.
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #48
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
They are AMAZING!! I def recommend a hb with them. They delivered my BFF's baby after 24 + hours on thanksgiving and not a MOMENT of "timetable" issues. Her husband made a thanksgiving feast during the labor(it was centering for him, he suffered from anxiety) and we all ate an amazing meal and she pushed out a sunny side up 9 lber! Her first! It was amazing!

My labors are like a blip all 4 combined was about 6.5 hours! But I've witnessed them in all their glory with my friend so I can honestly say you will be well taken care of!
very nice to hear!
Old 02-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #49
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

1400 but doesn't include tests or ultrasounds...i think her rates have gone up a bit but she honored the rate i paid last time.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote