Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2013, 06:43 AM   #11
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who is using sposies till the cord falls off?

I was planning on using the pampers they provide while we are in the hospital. I wont have anyone to help with laundry and would rather not have to worry about it, especially with meconium poops then I will put baby in cloth and his or her new outfit to come home. We didn't have a problem with dd's cord stump even though she was in cloth also starting when we left hospital.

Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #12
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I'll use sposies in the hospital. They provide them and I see no reason to bring more stuff to the hospital than necessary. I'm an overpacker, but not to that degree.

But I'm not sure about until the stump falls off. DD's stump was off within a week, but she was in sposies until 6 weeks since we started with OS and DH wasn't on board with cloth yet, so I compromised. We have newborn cloth this time, but I guess I'll just play it by ear.

Parenting is teaching me to be more flexible in my plans. So we'll see.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #13
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

I usually buy one package of newborn diapers and when those are gone, I start CDing in size smalls. My last was a pound smaller than my others, so I may have used sposies a couple weeks longer until he fit better into the cloth diapers. I don't have much newborn stuff because my babies (besides the last) were 8.5 and 9.5 pounds and after a couple weeks fit into size smalls.

ETA: Actually, I do have xsmall thirsties covers. But I just use regular infant prefolds.

Last edited by DesertRat; 02-17-2013 at 11:58 AM.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #14
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller

I usually use sposies for the first few weeks or month. I find it makes my life a little simpler when I have one less load of laundry to think about. Not only that, some of my babies have been pretty small, and even NB cloth didn't fit well.
dressagemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #15
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

used cloth from birth with both babies. Both had delayed clamping and the cord fell off within 4 days, no fuss.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #16
tmwmommy
Registered Users
seller

We used cloth in the hospital part time and full time once we got home. Newborn sposies were too big so we didn't have any other options. No problems with the cord or meconium. Dd wore sposies till 9 mos and her cord took forever to fall off. Ds wore cloth and his fell off at 10 days.
tmwmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #17
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We'll use sposies in the hospital and we will use up whatever we get from the hospital. We don't have family or anyone helping right after the birth so I don't want to take on any more than necessary. We did this with DS too and it worked well. I may take a couple CDs for babe to wear home from the hospital, though; I haven't decided yet. If they are similar to DS's size, I'm not sure what (if anything will fit at that point). We'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote