Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

So, with my first my water broke and I never went into labor. He was wrapped up in his cord like no other and I assume that is why labor never started.

Now I am a VBAC attempt on number two. I am almost positive I am leaking fluid.its been 4 hours and I don't seem to be staring anything yet.

Is this some kind of issue that is fixable??? Never going into labor? I am dreading my dr appt and not excited about possibly having a second csection

Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Leaking fluid!

If you are leaking fluid you should head to the ER so they can check you out, confirm its amniotic fluid. It's not fixable as far as I know.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
~KittyKat~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

At 35 weeks with my first, I thought my water broke and I was leaking fluids. Turns out it was just really excessive vaginal discharge. I was so convinced that the military hospital was wrong I even went to the civilian hospital off post as soon as we left the first one to confirm.

My sister on the other hand had her water break and it was hours before she ever felt a contraction. They wound up giving her a pitocin drip to get the labor started. To my understanding you need to go in though and see if it is amniotic fluid or not because going longer than 24 hrs with the sac broken has the potential to lead to infection and needs to be monitored.

Good luck Mama!
~KittyKat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
Ashtyn(n)Nyla'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy View Post
So, with my first my water broke and I never went into labor. He was wrapped up in his cord like no other and I assume that is why labor never started.

Now I am a VBAC attempt on number two. I am almost positive I am leaking fluid.its been 4 hours and I don't seem to be staring anything yet.

Is this some kind of issue that is fixable??? Never going into labor? I am dreading my dr appt and not excited about possibly having a second csection
Ive had to have pit everytime. My water always breaks around 35 weeks and i never go into labor on my own. Good luck!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, I have an appt soon. We are getting things sorted before. I don't know if my dr will go for pit because I have a prior csection :/
Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pitocin is safe for VBACs. Don't let them tell you otherwise!

Cervidil and cytotec are not safe, though. They each increase the risk of uterine rupture.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #7
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

just keep the pit low, you be in control of how much they give you and then you can have it turned off once contractions really start.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #8
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my first my water started leaking when I was 35 weeks and I was 4cm when I went in to get checked out. No contractions. It took a little pitocin to get things going and as soon as my water broke (on its own) he was born 3 hours later.

good luck. Hope you get the VBAC
Old 02-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #9
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

My guess is that if you're leaking fluid slowly, maybe your body just hasn't realized it yet. Personally, I would not go to the doctor right away unless you want to start the countdown to your next c-section. I'd avoid internal checks (to prevent infection) and do other things to see if you can get contractions started on their own. But I don't think leaking fluid puts you at risk of anything, since the baby still has plenty of fluid in there.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #10
AJH1544
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
My guess is that if you're leaking fluid slowly, maybe your body just hasn't realized it yet. Personally, I would not go to the doctor right away unless you want to start the countdown to your next c-section. I'd avoid internal checks (to prevent infection) and do other things to see if you can get contractions started on their own. But I don't think leaking fluid puts you at risk of anything, since the baby still has plenty of fluid in there.
Per our hospital-approved birthing instructor, leaking fluid can lead to infections. THey become concerned about that starting at 24 hours.

That said, I apparently leaked fluid for several days before having our baby. I started with irregular contractions and fluid leaking on Monday, finally got admitted to hospital on Thursday, had baby on Friday. I had a slow leak from the top, my doc suspected. They were not too happy that I waited that long to come in, but I honestly did not want to deal with the induction process and the contractions werent regular, and I honestly didnt think about the leak being my water!
AJH1544 is offline   Reply With Quote