Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #31
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Sarah - sending oodles of good thoughts & prayers your way! I was having prodromal labor a few weeks back that finally sizzled back to plain ole BH. So frustrating! Hang in there and just do your best at trying to turn it all over to Him. Your squishy will be here soon!

Advertisement

TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #32
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 15-28)

Sarah- I wish there was a magic phrase to ease fear I would chant it for you. Keep your thoughts focused on baby's well being and keep checking movement. Your odds are SO GREAT!!! We always focus on that bad percentage since we love them so fiercely. You will have a beautiful little one in no time and then you can breathe......at least for a minute!!

Elena - how very exciting. There is still time momma. It's gonna be great!

Almacham - hoping things are all well. How far along are you?

Was hoping to see me some baby announcements!! No rush though!!

AFM - well what a difference a couple days makes. That peace I had was shattered yesterday as I woke up to more spotting and more stuff on tp. DH had me rest all day but the stress got the best of me and I lost it. I just want some peace in this. That is what I miss the most is the peace before M/C and the confidence that my body will do exactly what He designed it for. So here I am still spotting and it is starting to have more rust-red to it. I actually saw a small bit of tissue the last bathroom trip. Called doc and the nurse was sweet but basically said put your feet up and pray. There isn't anything they can do I know that. I just feel really alone in the desire to keep my baby. My regular doc wil be in tomorrow and I may call just to see if she will at least do betas. I am feeling some dull pelvic pain/ AF type cramping and it scares the heck out of me.

Does anyone have positive spotting/cramping stories to share and give me hope? UGH. Please Lord consider letting us keep this one.
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #33
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfor5
Sarah- I wish there was a magic phrase to ease fear I would chant it for you. Keep your thoughts focused on baby's well being and keep checking movement. Your odds are SO GREAT!!! We always focus on that bad percentage since we love them so fiercely. You will have a beautiful little one in no time and then you can breathe......at least for a minute!!

AFM - well what a difference a couple days makes. That peace I had was shattered yesterday as I woke up to more spotting and more stuff on tp. DH had me rest all day but the stress got the best of me and I lost it. I just want some peace in this. That is what I miss the most is the peace before M/C and the confidence that my body will do exactly what He designed it for. So here I am still spotting and it is starting to have more rust-red to it. I actually saw a small bit of tissue the last bathroom trip. Called doc and the nurse was sweet but basically said put your feet up and pray. There isn't anything they can do I know that. I just feel really alone in the desire to keep my baby. My regular doc wil be in tomorrow and I may call just to see if she will at least do betas. I am feeling some dull pelvic pain/ AF type cramping and it scares the heck out of me.

Does anyone have positive spotting/cramping stories to share and give me hope? UGH. Please Lord consider letting us keep this one.
With DS2, I spotted from 4-11 weeks and was sure I would lose him. They never figured out why, but I didn't lose him til 23w and it had NOTHING to do with all that terrifying early bleeding (I have incompetent cervix due to previous cervical cancer). So, rest assured that it IS possible to have a healthy baby even with red spotting.

I know the end of my story is sad, but (like I said), it was NOT related to my early bleeding, so take hope!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #34
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I spotted with 5/6 of my pregnancies...3/5 of those ended in m/c.

This one I had severe cramping and bright red blood at 5 weeks. I'm currently 13 weeks now.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #35
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Marie - I am so sorry for your loss. After all that it just isn't fair. Thank you for sharing.

Erica - Thank you. I am not trying to kid myself but I do need to know it is possible to have a good outcome. Trying to keep positive!

Thanks so very much.
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #36
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
My first son like to suck on the placenta any chance you got. My doctor told me it's because the placenta how's my heartbeat and babies instinctually look for the heartbeat to nurse... Made total sense after he was born because he was born nursing like he knew how all along!!! So I think it babysit like to suck or lick the placenta are probably going to be booby monsters when they're born!!! You have been warned!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
That's really neat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
I need some prayers and PT. I have been having prodromal labor for a whole week now, and last night it was painful enough that I couldn't sleep but it always stops and fizzles out. I think you all will get it when I say I'm terrified of him dying during birth. Others will say "he will be fine" but we all know there is no guarantee. I think there is an excellent shot that he will be perfect, but it's hard to get my subconscious to tow that line, you know? I need to let it go, let God be in control, and let my body do what it needs to and trust that he will be okay and I need a lot of support to get there. Oddly enough the thought of the pain of actually giving birth isn't even a blip on my radar. It's the pain what I might lose that's holding me back.
I had many of those same feelings as the end of my pregnancy got closer.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #37
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I kept going into my user CP in the past few days and didn't see this thread (or, rather, the last thread) pop up, but wasn't "missing" it until I saw someone from this thread post in another one as I was browsing around. Then I checked the date. Oh, duh, I forgot to get on board with the new thread. Well here I am now.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #38
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Big hugs to you Sarah. I know it's got to be hard to be so close to holding baby in your arms, yet so fearful of loosing baby at the end. I will keep you and baby in my prayers. My friend just went through a birth where the two weeks before she felt like she was having steady contractions and many "this is the day" moments, but baby never came. Finally after they scheduled an induction baby came on his own and he's healthy. Guess sometimes just need to make your body do lots of work to prepare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfor5 View Post

Early pregnancy following a m/c is the most difficult stage I think, especially when there is spotting. Hugs to you.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #39
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfor5

Tori! Praying hard that its nothing but baby snuggling in for a long 9 months.

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #40
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I went to a conference this weekend for Christian women. The theme this year was "Our Amazing Race." There were a lot of triggers there for me. One of the ladies mentioned one of her children being born three months early, and had a picture of him in the NICU and her and her DH up on the slideshow. Tears filled up my eyes. Another speaker was talking about baby names, and how the most important place that baby's name should be written is in the Lamb's book of life, and I started crying again since one of my kid's names is already there.

Then today, still thinking about those triggers over the weekend, I came home and dug up the paper from the hospital where they put his footprints after he died, and I compared it to Josiah's footprints on his homebirth birth certificate. Jonathan's footprints were so itty bitty tiny compared to Josiah's.

The "nostalgia" or whatever you want to call it still hits me when I least expect it. I'm not ready to look through his entire box of memories yet, though (but I did have to open it to get out that footprint paper).