Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #41
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Anyone considering vasectomy an option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsis View Post
we were discussing it, but I read that it can have some negative side effects later on in life...and decided against.
This is us as well, I wanted my dh to get a vasectomy after our last baby was born. He was 100% against it but after hearing my reasons for wanting him to do it so badly, he finally started researching and when he found out about the complications and side affects he sat down with me and talked to me about why he did not want it done.
We are back to square 1, I am terrified about getting pregnant again, hormonal bc is not something I want to deal with so just condoms are being used and they are expensive as heck but we have no other options.

Advertisement

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #42
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeChickVee View Post
There have been associations with prostate cancer. Some people say these concerns have been debunked.... This is my opinion: these men are still producing sperm. That sperm is just going to build up and that has to cause some kind of response from the body. some doctors claim that the sperm cells are just absorbed by the body... again, completely unnatural and IMO has to cause some kind of response.
I am no expert on how the male reproductive system works completely but from some of my research on vasectomies (Dh has discussed getting one) I've come across info on the sperm absorbtion. Apparently a man makes new sperm daily and when that is not released the sperm is absorbed back into the body.
I know there is obviously a difference between them free floating in the body vs what nature intended.
I'm more natural minded, so I'm not really for Vs but Dh is thinking about it mostly because our birth control options are nonexistent:/ Why does BC have to be such an issue, ugh!
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #43
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycass

I am no expert on how the male reproductive system works completely but from some of my research on vasectomies (Dh has discussed getting one) I've come across info on the sperm absorbtion. Apparently a man makes new sperm daily and when that is not released the sperm is absorbed back into the body.
I know there is obviously a difference between them free floating in the body vs what nature intended.
I'm more natural minded, so I'm not really for Vs but Dh is thinking about it mostly because our birth control options are nonexistent:/ Why does BC have to be such an issue, ugh!
The issue with a V is that the sperm is released into the bloodstream vs. the testes where the sperm was created. The white blood cells treat the sperm as an antigen and attack it.

My DH has a severe dairy allergy so we feel that since he already has allergies that his body is trying to fight off, we do not need to tax his system even more.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

ISO: free or cheap shipping to or within Mexico.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #44
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydove View Post
We're talking about not doing it. He had an almost deadly complication from a toncilectomy last year that only 2% of the country has, so he's in the small percentage of if something could go wrong, it does. The body treating the sperm as an antigen can cause serious problems. He would be immunosuppressed. My sister was immunosuppressed after her liver transplant and that is not a way to live. He wouldn't be able to leave the house for fear of catching a cold, and the cold would kill him! So back to square one.
Okay so I'm personally not into permanent forms of birth control and I am in no way trying to get you to consider a vasectomy. That said your sister was immunosuppressed after her liver transplant because she had to take medication to suppress her immune system. Immunosuppressant medications are given to transplant recipients to keep their immune system from attacking the donated organ. Sperm floating around in interstitial tissue isn't the same thing. Also the bloodstream is a pretty closed system. There isn't a reservoir of blood hanging out in the testicles where the sperm will be sent as refugees. The sperm would have to penetrate a capillary to get into the bloodstream. I'm sure there are complications from vasectomies, but I just don't see how sperm in the blood would be your biggest problem.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #45
anne_josh
Registered Users
seller

DH had one a year ago. No regrets, no complications, best thing ever. I absolutely can't get pregnant again because of my delivery complications with ds2 so that or essure were the options we considered.
anne_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #46
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydove View Post
The issue with a V is that the sperm is released into the bloodstream vs. the testes where the sperm was created. The white blood cells treat the sperm as an antigen and attack it.

My DH has a severe dairy allergy so we feel that since he already has allergies that his body is trying to fight off, we do not need to tax his system even more.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
What happens to the excess sperm if the vas were cauterized?
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #47
mommaagain
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Subbing for more info as well. I'd like to hear more about negative side effects.
mommaagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #48
littlesaurusrae
Registered Users

My boyfriend had one done around 10 years ago. His major complaint is that orgasms aren't as good after getting clipped. He's also still worried I'm pregnant since he's heard stories about the tubes growing back together and sperm getting through.
littlesaurusrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #49
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Subbing for more negative side effects. DH and I are taking some time after my loss to see if we are going to try again. I worry about the side effects years and years down the road. Not 6 months or one year. I mean 20, 30 years from now.

I don't want to go back on BC, an IUD or anything hormonal. But this abstinence when fertile and the time before and after is incredibly hard on our sex life. All my babies have been conceived after one try so getting PG when/if we are done hangs very heavy over our heads.

I just wish there was another way to prevent pregnancy that doesn't involve me getting shot up with hormones, shoving things into my girly parts, or either one of us getting sterilized.
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #50
sharon_k
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel like I did my share, as I've been pregnant, nursing, or both at same time since Jan '05. So I told my DH if he doesn't want any more babies, he's welcome to get a vasectomy. I do not like drugs, hormonal birth control, or anything invading my body like an IUD. We are using withdrawal and I chart as well. My husband says he does not want to get the V because of increased risk of prostate cancer. I think the increased risk is only there if you have family history of it anyway. Either way, I think that's silly because my husband has no problem smoking cigarettes or marijuana but he's worried about cancer??? Ugh...