Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #11
Newton
Registered Users

Re: need easy GF dessert/nice snack recipe

Another thing I like to do is naturally GF things like meringues, macrons usually only have a tiny bit of flour and you can't tell the difference with GF flour. The Betty Crocker cake or brownie or cookie mix are fantastic!! Chocolate fondue is another great GF dessert. Most sorbet is fine too so that's a light option or to combine with fruit salad.

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #12
astiel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know you already had your party but wanted to add one we used while we were learning to navigate DS's GF/DF diet. Flourless peanut butter cookies. 1 cup pb, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg. Mix, roll into balls and put on cookie sheet, smash with a fork, bake at 350. If someone has a peanut allergy, it also works with almond butter, soy nut butter, sun butter, etc. You can also press a little piece of dark chocolate into the top right after they come out of the over.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #13
SPJ&E
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by astiel View Post
I know you already had your party but wanted to add one we used while we were learning to navigate DS's GF/DF diet. Flourless peanut butter cookies. 1 cup pb, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg. Mix, roll into balls and put on cookie sheet, smash with a fork, bake at 350. If someone has a peanut allergy, it also works with almond butter, soy nut butter, sun butter, etc. You can also press a little piece of dark chocolate into the top right after they come out of the over.
That sounds really easy and I bet my kiddos would love them Thanks...gonna give them a try!