Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #131
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: My new dog has an owner, wwyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by linz2491 View Post
So, we got a hold of the owner. So she says someone broke into her house and stole the dog. Of course that is unlikely. She probably just got out.
She is microchiped and it either migrated or the shelter did not check. In any case she definently wants her back so I will allow her to have her back.
She did not want to have her spayed because she Wanted to breed her. We said tough ****, she will be spayed. It is actually only $85 and she will have to pay us back.
So I guess the good that came of all this is that we have stopped more puppies from entering the world.
She is a purse dog, I figured since she barks every time I put her down!
I'm sad though. She is the first dog who has looked anything like my little girl and it helped fill the hole for all of us.
Working at a shelter we returned a lot of dogs to owners that we at least were able to alter and have SOME influence on the overpopulation problem. Some people would be upset because they wanted to breed, but we charged a lot more for returning unaltered animals, so usually people would end up having us spay/neuter (which we could do legally anyway after 3 days).

, I know you really liked this little one, but now you have room in your heart and home for another little chi! Since you rescue, you know all to well there will be another one to fall in love with.

Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #132
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wait I am confused. Someone broke in and stole the dog who was at grammas? Or was gramma watching the dog at the owners house? Either way there was a theft and it took ten days to look for the dog???? But then after they broke in and stole the dog (And apparently nothing else) the thieves then decided to allow the dog to get loose and be picked up by the shelter or they turned the dog into the shelter themselves AFTER they broke into the house to get the dog? Oh my word my 3 year old tells better stories. I am sorry you are losing her,you are a kinder woman than I am. People who lie don't deserve their dog back.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #133
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhutier
Wait I am confused. Someone broke in and stole the dog who was at grammas? Or was gramma watching the dog at the owners house? Either way there was a theft and it took ten days to look for the dog???? But then after they broke in and stole the dog (And apparently nothing else) the thieves then decided to allow the dog to get loose and be picked up by the shelter or they turned the dog into the shelter themselves AFTER they broke into the house to get the dog? Oh my word my 3 year old tells better stories. I am sorry you are losing her,you are a kinder woman than I am. People who lie don't deserve their dog back.
Lol. Ummm yeaaahhhhhh.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #134
diapermommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm all for spaying and all. my kitten has apt next tuesday. but I'd be D#$$# is someone told me I couldnt' have MY!!!!!! animal, they would be making a medical decision and I would have to pay them back. I'm sorry but that is straight BS!!!!! Period! You're not the animal queen of the world, you have no right to make a decision or judgement regarding this dogs health or the owners care for said dog.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #135
booty hunter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
Lol. Ummm yeaaahhhhhh.
I hate it when people break into my house and steal my dog.I know it is probably the fact that he is such a hussy they can't resist themselves but still ....ANNOYING! But of course I never call the police ,no I just wait quietly for 10 days and then try to find him so I can breed him ,I mean because I miss him. Happens ALL THE TIME but what can you do just one of the parts of dog ownership!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #136
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhutier

I hate it when people break into my house and steal my dog.I know it is probably the fact that he is such a hussy they can't resist themselves but still ....ANNOYING! But of course I never call the police ,no I just wait quietly for 10 days and then try to find him so I can breed him ,I mean because I miss him. Happens ALL THE TIME but what can you do just one of the parts of dog ownership!
Happened to me. Just last week. True story. Don'tcha believe me??????
Old 02-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #137
booty hunter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diapermommy View Post
I'm all for spaying and all. my kitten has apt next tuesday. but I'd be D#$$# is someone told me I couldnt' have MY!!!!!! animal, they would be making a medical decision and I would have to pay them back. I'm sorry but that is straight BS!!!!! Period! You're not the animal queen of the world, you have no right to make a decision or judgement regarding this dogs health or the owners care for said dog.
Actually LEGALLY OP is the owner and she has every right to make whatever medical decisions she wants because it is HER DOG. And frankly I think she should be the animal queen of the world! She takes dogs no one else wants and doesn't care about and makes them better and finds loving homes for them. I think the title of your highness is well earned in this case.

Last edited by booty hunter; 02-20-2013 at 09:25 PM.
booty hunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #138
Mom23kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
She runs a rescue and rescued this dog from euthanization. I think pretty much all rescues require sterilization before placing them, except possibly a breed specific one. IDK. I feel the op is doing the responsible and reasonable thing and I personally don't view it as anything other than an adoption at this point. The owner is lucky the dog is even alive and this lady is willing to return her at all, IMO. All cats I've ever gotten from a rescue have been fully vetted and sterilized, I don't think this case is any different. The owner's story sounds bogus to me, really, and waiting 10 days to have anyone look for the dog seems fishy.
Mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #139
Mom23kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhutier View Post
Actually LEGALLY OP is the owner and she has every right to make whatever medical decisions she wants because it is HER DOG. And frankly I think she should be the animal queen of the world! She takes dogs no one else wants and doesn't care about and makes them better and finds loving homes for them. I think the title of your highness is well earned in this case.
And
Mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #140
booty hunter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Just an FYI around here many pounds /shelters won't release an animal back to it's owner until it has been spayed or nurtured and a current rabies vaccine . So it isn't just the queen you have to worry about, if your animal gets out to are subject to whatever rules whoever finds them has.

Last edited by booty hunter; 02-20-2013 at 09:31 PM.
booty hunter is online now   Reply With Quote