Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #101
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 17th - 23rd

MIL and SIL are wanting to come out here to visit tonight - DD will be able to make it to skating and we don't have to drive to town... although I haven't a clue what to make for supper!

We have the $$ now I could get the diapers I want, but I'm looking and can't find stores with the ones I want in stock Ah well, I'll keep looking.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #102
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I think I may be beginning to get more "real" contractions. They are bridging over from uncomfortable to mildy painful. Not consistent or often thankfully. Maybe I need to schedule my prenatal massage sooner...
mibarra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #103
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No real contractions just yet - another couple weeks and we're good to go! Well, some of us anyways.

I've had a few BH contractions, especially yesterday, that were painful in my hips/back... which kinda worried me a bit. But they didn't continue, so (I always feel BH all in my front, and my real contractions in my back).
NO, Hiccup. Not early!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #104
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
No real contractions just yet - another couple weeks and we're good to go! Well, some of us anyways.

I've had a few BH contractions, especially yesterday, that were painful in my hips/back... which kinda worried me a bit. But they didn't continue, so (I always feel BH all in my front, and my real contractions in my back).
NO, Hiccup. Not early!
No, no, not early!!!

My bx are so intense that sometimes the tightnesd makes me bend over. Nit painful at all, but def uncomfortable. And it happens all the time. Sweeping and mopping has become very exhausting and uncomfortable bc of them!!

So the pool party was a rec center party. No pool bc the family center didnt even have the party on the books so no lifeguard:/ but ds had fun anyway. He was the only boy and tge girls kept screaming........i doubt we go next year as she'll be turning 9 and he will be 6........he prob will not have fun at all. So sad.......he has two best fwends, bwake and dabi-dabwa (gabriella) poor kid.

Dh and i havent dtd in over a week, is it me and my huge belly? Our relationship is already in a weird place, but not dtd puts an extra strain, i think. Ugh.

Hope everyone has a great saturday!#
Old 02-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #105
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
MIL and SIL are wanting to come out here to visit tonight - DD will be able to make it to skating and we don't have to drive to town... although I haven't a clue what to make for supper!

We have the $$ now I could get the diapers I want, but I'm looking and can't find stores with the ones I want in stock Ah well, I'll keep looking.
Which diapers did you want? The Simplex ones? Hope you find a store that has them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I think I may be beginning to get more "real" contractions. They are bridging over from uncomfortable to mildy painful. Not consistent or often thankfully. Maybe I need to schedule my prenatal massage sooner...
Hooray for a massage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsilvermoon View Post
just got back from ob check and dr says if I can get to 34 we should be good with no nicu stay (fingers crossed hes right) we all agreed no cervix check because it can stir things up but her head is right there waiting and I have lots of pressure n pelvic pain because she is pushing down on cervix... so lets hope my water does not break for at least another week or 2
Hoping you can make it to 34!!!

AFM: Totally OT but We got our feathery babies yesterday!

We ended up getting 6, I wanted 10-12 but thats all she had. I think it'll be ok because I wanted to get a few of a different breed that lays colorful 'easter eggs'.
We are going to look at vans tonight. Theres only 1 that we are pretty serious about buying if the price is right. So we'll see!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #106
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post

Dh and i havent dtd in over a week, is it me and my huge belly? Our relationship is already in a weird place, but not dtd puts an extra strain, i think. Ugh.
Yeah, it's been longer for us. Pregnancy makes me really not in the mood. :/ And my round ligaments are so tender I have to be really careful with my hip movements... fortunately DH is very patient with me

Which Simplex?? Some prints are very HTF! I ordered the 2 new prints immediately because I loved them and just knew they'd be out of stock if I waited!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #107
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

tiny vent:
my nursing pillow... very expensive.. is on babysteals today for half off. grrrrrrrrrrrr
*sigh* ah well. It finally came in this week and I think it'll be perfect. It's so tall.

and don't let's get started on DTD.

at this point, I'd just like to SEE DH more than like an hour a day. But... it'll probably be a couple more weeks before things slow down. DD and I are surviving. because what's the other choice? Fall apart? nah.. well.. she chooses that route sometimes.. but she's 2.

So, I think my new diaper bag came in today but I just got a 'sorry we missed you' notice. I drove all over hoping to run into the mailman (not sure if he'd have given it to me or not), but no dice.

really nothing very pregnancy related going on. I started stressing irrationally (or is it rational?) about possible placenta accretia. So, gonna ask the OB about that on Friday. Ever since I started drinking the RRL tea, I get pulses of sharp pain across the top of my uterus. Which is where Star's placenta is attached. I dunno.. prolly nothing, but I do wonder where my scar is. Anyone ever deal with placentas on top of uterine scars?

um... oh yeah... and I guess I win when it comes to names :P DH asked me the other day 'so, do we have names?' and I said 'Luke or Astrid' and he's like 'alright'. But he was talking to someone from our last base on the phone the other day who suggested 'April' (which is DH's top pick), so he's been boasting about how other people think it's a great choice as well.

I'm getting slightly concerned about the popularity of Astrid since everyone seems to think I got it from 'the Office', which I didn't.. but now I wonder if it's going to be crazy popular because of that show, but I haven't heard from anyone else about naming their child this.. I do know 3 Avery's about to be born this year though.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #108
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Dang it, that made me realize I hadn't gotten the baby steals email today. And then I looked, and I just bought a nursing pillow. I HATE my boppy!!! The way it curls around my back meant that if I rested my back against anything it pushed the pillow away from me. Grrrr.... DH is sighing at me right now.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #109
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
My bx are so intense that sometimes the tightnesd makes me bend over. Nit painful at all, but def uncomfortable. And it happens all the time. Sweeping and mopping has become very exhausting and uncomfortable bc of them!!

Dh and i havent dtd in over a week, is it me and my huge belly?
Mine were still uncomfortable/painful today, but not in my back like the past couple days.

We dtd still, though not as often as I'd like! (well, him too!) My belly is in the way of most positions, and being on top is nearly impossible because of the pain from SPD, so that only leaves spooning. Not a bad thing, but I'd like some kissing too, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Which diapers did you want? The Simplex ones? Hope you find a store that has them!

We are going to look at vans tonight. Theres only 1 that we are pretty serious about buying if the price is right. So we'll see!
Yeah, the nb swaddlebees simplex. I found 4 of the 5 I really want available up here, can only find "stars" from swaddlebees themselves in the US - but they want $33 for shipping... ah... no. Thanks anyways.
I may still get the 4 I can find up here - just debating with the $$.

for luck with the van shopping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Which Simplex?? Some prints are very HTF! I ordered the 2 new prints immediately because I loved them and just knew they'd be out of stock if I waited!
I want:
tweets
swirls
baby bloom
butterflies
stars

I found all but stars up here on a site/store. Debating whether I really want to spend the $$!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Ever since I started drinking the RRL tea, I get pulses of sharp pain across the top of my uterus. Which is where Star's placenta is attached. I dunno.. prolly nothing, but I do wonder where my scar is. Anyone ever deal with placentas on top of uterine scars?
If the RRL tea is causing cramping, I'd stop drinking it. Maybe it's not the best "fit" for your body

I assume you mean the scar from your c-sec? It would be down very low, basically where your outside scar is. Well, assuming you had a normal incision.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #110
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post

AFM: Totally OT but We got our feathery babies yesterday!

We ended up getting 6, I wanted 10-12 but thats all she had. I think it'll be ok because I wanted to get a few of a different breed that lays colorful 'easter eggs'.
Hooray! They are so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post

really nothing very pregnancy related going on. I started stressing irrationally (or is it rational?) about possible placenta accretia. So, gonna ask the OB about that on Friday. Ever since I started drinking the RRL tea, I get pulses of sharp pain across the top of my uterus. Which is where Star's placenta is attached. I dunno.. prolly nothing, but I do wonder where my scar is. Anyone ever deal with placentas on top of uterine scars?

um... oh yeah... and I guess I win when it comes to names :P DH asked me the other day 'so, do we have names?' and I said 'Luke or Astrid' and he's like 'alright'. But he was talking to someone from our last base on the phone the other day who suggested 'April' (which is DH's top pick), so he's been boasting about how other people think it's a great choice as well.

I'm getting slightly concerned about the popularity of Astrid since everyone seems to think I got it from 'the Office', which I didn't.. but now I wonder if it's going to be crazy popular because of that show, but I haven't heard from anyone else about naming their child this.. I do know 3 Avery's about to be born this year though.
I read that the c-sec incision is normally in the lower segment of the uterus. Its only higher if there's a crazy rush to get baby out or if the placenta is in the way (placenta previa). Also, when my mfm checked me for accerta (more common with placenta previa)he said it was a painless, symptom-less condition. Its only diagnosed by US (and even then not absolutely) or at delivery/post delivery. So I wouldn't worry! Maybe still ask about the pain, but wouldn't worry about accerta.