Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #11
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Names?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
I like Mabel or Eleanor Joyce for a girl and Nolan Michael for a boy I oddly dream about names even though I've done no research or anything on it, so that's whats popped up so far.

H doesn't love them, but he named #2 so I get this one
Eleanor was one that I was thinking of too.

Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #12
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
Eleanor was one that I was thinking of too.
I really like Ellie I love Mabel though more, but we'll see what other names pop in my head in the next 6 months
Old 02-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #13
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Not even discussing it yet. I don't want to debate two names when we only need one. We will work on it after we know the gender. We have VERY different taste. DS didn't have a name until the day he was born, dh finally just gave in.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #14
FamiLEE
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have decided on two names for a boy and for a girl. My wife wants me to keep it a secret though
FamiLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #15
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I found out gender at 14 weeks from my peri. He said he was 90% certain it is a boy. My mom is still in denial though as she wants a girl.

So we are naming our son Nathaniel Harlow. Harlow was my late grandfather.

If, by some miracle our boy turns into a girl, she would be Astrid Elizabeth. Which ironically mom would hate.

My next ultrasound is at 20w 1d on march 15.

Last edited by 3 ladybugs; 02-23-2013 at 06:40 PM.
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #16
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Evelyn for a girl - we would call her Evie (like...from the Mummy. ). I want Evelyn Antoinette...DH is not sold yet. I am a HUGE history buff and I love her story and strength. Evelyn is a family name.

For a boy we have Archer. No middle name yet for that one.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #17
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs
I found out gender at 14 weeks from my peri. He said he was 90% certain it is a boy. My mom is still in denial though as she wants a girl.

So we are naming our son Nathaniel Harlow. Harlow was my late grandfather.

If, by some miracle our boy turns into a girl, she would be Astrid Elizabeth. Which ironically mom would hate.

My next ultrasound is at 20w 1d on march 15.
We're 80-90% sure this baby is a girl per an u/s this past week (16w3d). There were no boy bits to be found, only a slight nub. The tech was in the ER, though, and said he doesn't do a/s every day so he wasn't willing to go 100% but he couldn't fathom that this baby could be a boy. We'll find out if he was right on March 13th when I'm 19w 2d :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:12 PM   #18
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Just out of curiosity, what weight do you guys place on initials/monogram? I certainly don't want to give my kid initials that spell anything obscene but I'm not as concerned about the monogram. This topic came up on another board and I was surprised at some people being so against a monogram that spells a word. DS's monogram would be APE and, if this baby is a girl and we used Allison Evelyn, the monogram would also be APE. Is that bad, in your opinion?

Old 02-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #19
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have to admit..."APE" might turn me off from a name. BUT it is something each family has to consider. We do look at the initials b/c our last name makes it so that common words show up if you are not careful.

Wait...do you mean monogram like First, Last, Middle....like for a shirt? Nope - I don't think about that at all. We don't wear/do monogram stuff. Too preppy. lol
Old 02-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #20
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed1018
I have to admit..."APE" might turn me off from a name. BUT it is something each family has to consider. We do look at the initials b/c our last name makes it so that common words show up if you are not careful.

Wait...do you mean monogram like First, Last, Middle....like for a shirt? Nope - I don't think about that at all. We don't wear/do monogram stuff. Too preppy. lol
Yes. The initials for DS (and for potentially for baby if this is a DD) are/would be AEP. The monogram would be APE though. I deemed it totally unimportant for a boy but the other thread made me question whether the initials were bad for a girl.