Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #41
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainandRedemption

I've thought about doing that, or keeping the gender (this time around since this will be the first time we've found out) secret until the baby was born. My family would seriously go nuts on me though. I would be asked a thousand times a day, given all kinds of lectures on how it isn't fair not to tell, etc

We're not set on names yet, but for a boy we're thinking Nolan. No middle yet. For a girl we both liked Rhea. Im not sure about it anymore, I think I like Raya or Raia better. Neither of us are budging at the moment
We may keep the name a secret too; we haven't decided yet. Since I don't know any of you ladies irl, I share freely though :-)

We were Team Green with DS and didn't share any of our name thoughts. Everyone hated it.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #42
janssensjungle
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Names?

we are waiting to find out the sex of the baby/.... 3 weeks to go til our ultrasound. everyone thinks its a boy, we have 2 girls, so I kinda think its another girl. my husband and I don't agree at all.thats why we are waiting for the gender., any suggestions either way would be great we have a Madelyn Grace, Abigail faith and ??? I like Hannah Joy or McKayla Joy for another girl or Jacob Brett but I would like a longer 1st name for a boy since our girls have longer names and I have a long name....

--love all of you out there thinking of using Elizabeth---- I can tell you its a good one since its mine. so many nicknames or you can use the whole thing like I do !
janssensjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #43
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller

If this one is a boy, he will be Gabriel. I really like Alexander as a middle name, but DH is not wild about that. He likes Gabriel Elijah or Gabriel Eli, which I'm not crazy about.

No girl names yet. It took us 10 days after our last baby was born to choose a name for our daughter. Her name had to include DH's Granny's name, but it was hard to find a first name we could agree on.

It is hard to choose a name that will suit another person for their entire lives.
dressagemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:55 AM   #44
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn
opinions please. We really like some what unique names and are stuggling finding ones we like with this baby. We think this baby is a girl and here are a couple I am thinking about.
Oakley
Akasha (a-cash-a)
Kaminsky (ka-men-ski)

What do you guys think? Any other suggestions?
My other kids are Jace, Afton, and Thayer.
I like Oakley!

Eta I'd go with a lesser syllable name since your others have shorter names

Last edited by threelittlehoneys; 02-26-2013 at 05:56 AM.
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #45
Housefullofgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So far I'm really loving Emmy for a girl but also like Cayla. Cayla has been in the running with each girl since we got married in the Grand Caymans. For a boy i like Tristan, Joseph, Duke but I haven't even went through these with my husband as he is such a bear with baby names
Old 02-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #46
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what weight do you guys place on initials/monogram? I certainly don't want to give my kid initials that spell anything obscene but I'm not as concerned about the monogram. This topic came up on another board and I was surprised at some people being so against a monogram that spells a word. DS's monogram would be APE and, if this baby is a girl and we used Allison Evelyn, the monogram would also be APE. Is that bad, in your opinion?

DS initials spell WEB.... Just glad our last name didn't start with a D or DD's initials would have been STD (they're STB instead...)
Old 02-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #47
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok....DH offered me a deal about the names. Since I absolutely hate Molly Anne for a girl name and it's just what he's stuck on, he said that he'd throw the name off of the table for this baby if I promised that if the next one is a girl (since we aren't done) that there wouldn't be any discussion about it and it WOULD be Molly Ann.

That could either work in my favor or bite me in the butt. What to do? Take the deal and risk certain death to any posibilities of a different name the next go around or continue to fight it out? Although....I really don't love ANY of the names on our somewhat girl list. Nothing is just slapping me in the face saying....YES....THAT IS IT!! KWIM?
Old 02-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #48
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

I wouldn't take it! Lol

The other night I remembered a name we had on our girl list - Piper Riley. I still love it. Dh didn't say much either way. So I'm hoj g to add it to the list. He rarely gives any input other than a yay or nay.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #49
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aww Molly is so cute! It might grow on you by the next one (unless you knew an evil molly!), I have a few names I LOVED 5 years ago and now I'm like, meh.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #50
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love Piper and Molly.

Emmy is also a favorite...that's what we call dd. My niece calls her Emmy Jo. Her name is Emily Jo
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote