Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #51
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Re: Names?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post
Ok....DH offered me a deal about the names. Since I absolutely hate Molly Anne for a girl name and it's just what he's stuck on, he said that he'd throw the name off of the table for this baby if I promised that if the next one is a girl (since we aren't done) that there wouldn't be any discussion about it and it WOULD be Molly Ann.

That could either work in my favor or bite me in the butt. What to do? Take the deal and risk certain death to any posibilities of a different name the next go around or continue to fight it out? Although....I really don't love ANY of the names on our somewhat girl list. Nothing is just slapping me in the face saying....YES....THAT IS IT!! KWIM?
Personally I wouldnt take it if you really dislike the name. But I tend to be difficult

I love Piper, so cute!

Advertisement

threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:06 AM   #52
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll probably give in and say, "OK" to Molly Anne.....it just sounds so plain to me compared to our other kids, though. DD is Sadie Temperance and DS is William Eli (which I thought his name was a little plain too after he was born, but that's what DH wanted because of family reasons.) Of course this would be a double first name if we used it, but neither one of us can come up with a suitable middle name that doesn't make the name a mile long. I guess if I could come up with a decent middle name I might like it a little better. Help me out folks!! I guess I don't HATE the name Molly, I just don't like quite so plain sounding names.

Any other suggestions for names that would go well with our other two that I might use to suggest to DH? We tend to like older sounding names. So far DH has already said nay to Evalyn (which I know many of you are in love with), Adah (too many A names in our extended family), Lucy, and Allison (sorry Lynn). He really would like us to have a girl with a double first name (like Mary Claire -can't use that one because we have one in the family already - or Molly Anne). I've suggested Mary Kate, but his response is always "and Ashley."
Old 02-27-2013, 06:43 AM   #53
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mary is far more plain than Molly though! Ok, some names, Cora, Clara, Nora, Viola, Olive, Eliza, Vera. I don't know why most of those end in A hah. Sadie was big in the 1880s, so I just pulled some from this list http://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/de...ames1880s.html
Old 02-27-2013, 06:58 AM   #54
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Miley was on my name list for a long time. I don't think it is terribly plain but I think the two first names thing makes it seem more plain ykwim? Since you seem to like older names, what about Molly Adele? Or Molly Paige? Molly Ruth?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #55
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

What about Amelia Jane? He can call her Molly if he wants
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #56
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
Miley was on my name list for a long time. I don't think it is terribly plain but I think the two first names thing makes it seem more plain ykwim? Since you seem to like older names, what about Molly Adele? Or Molly Paige? Molly Ruth?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I know exactly what you mean. I've even asked him if he'd be ok with just Molly "insert name" Brown, but he's pushing hard for the double first name thing. I do like Molly Adele, but I wouldn't like that as a double first name either. idk.....I guess I just need to pray about it. I have a really strong feeling that this is a girl, which is why I'm having a hard time with this name thing. Usually by now we have names picked out, but it just doesn't seem to be happening very quickly this time.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #57
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post
I know exactly what you mean. I've even asked him if he'd be ok with just Molly "insert name" Brown, but he's pushing hard for the double first name thing. I do like Molly Adele, but I wouldn't like that as a double first name either. idk.....I guess I just need to pray about it. I have a really strong feeling that this is a girl, which is why I'm having a hard time with this name thing. Usually by now we have names picked out, but it just doesn't seem to be happening very quickly this time.
Are there any less plain first names he'd like where he could still use Molly as a nickname? Margaret Anne, Mallory Anne, Margot Anne, Malia Anne...
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #58
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post
Are there any less plain first names he'd like where he could still use Molly as a nickname? Margaret Anne, Mallory Anne, Margot Anne, Malia Anne...
I can suggest it, but I don't think he'll take the bait. I told him last night that if he could come up with a not-so-plain and not a lengthy middle name that I'd agree to it. Sneaky me has already looked for a name with those criteria and can't find one, so he'll be busy for a while. In the mean time I'll look for a name that I like BETTER than Molly Anne. Maybe my evil plan will work after all! *EVIL LAUGH*