Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
chello
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ebay frustration and question

I was window shopping shoes on ebay and stumbled on a pair of Manolo Blahniks for CHEAP :happydance: so I frantically rushed to make sure they were my size and then bid on them with 2 minutes to spare in the listing. I was the only bidder, and I bid the suggested amount. There was no buy it now or reserve mentioned. They were obviously used, someone's personal pair, not from an ebay store or anything like that. The description talked about how she loved them but now having kids she hardly ever wears heels anymore, and info on when and where she bought them.
So yesterday I checked my email and there was a message from the seller from 6 days ago saying, Sorry, those aren't available anymore, I'm cancelling the transaction.
I messaged back asking why, and she said that she was selling them on behalf of her friend, and her friend told her they aren't available. And she refunded my money.
I had paid in time, I have the confirmation from ebay and everything, I strongly suspect she just wasn't happy with how cheap they went for and backed out. Do I have any recourse? All I have are suspicions. What should I do? I'm really bummed about the shoes!
ETA I'm so tempted to keep a watch on the shoes listings to see if she reposts them after awhile...I have a link to the listing too. The seller has all good feedback at this point.

Advertisement

Last edited by chello; 02-28-2013 at 09:03 PM.
chello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Ebay frustration and question

id contact ebay, and report her - she isnt aloud to just change her mind like that
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #3
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

if she wouldnt be happy to part with them for less than X amount then she needs to start the bidding at that amount
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

I'd leave her negative feedback for sure.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
Mack
Registered Users
seller

Its funny this happened to me with some BNWT baby clothes. I bid and then seller cancelled. I was also scouting my local craigslist, turns out my seller was local, and had then listed the items on craigslist for a much higher price. She had listed her phonenumber on craigslist, so I called and gave her an earfull. Obviously didn't do anything for me except make me feel a little vindicated.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #6
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Report her to Ebay, you can't just back out like that

Waldorf dolls and Natural toys for your little Keiki
Stocking the first Friday of the month at The Enchanted Toybox Congo

Mama to Annamarie (7/11) expecting #2 August 2015!
Keiki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
mamatoblessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Did she send you a cancellation request? If you didn't agree to the cancellation DON'T DO IT!! Call Ebay and they can see all of the messages that you have back and forth. She still won't send the shoes, but at least it will get a hit on her account and then you can also still leave the negative.
Elizabeth~ Jesus loving wife to myNathan, Mama to God's blessings Jayna-11, Quaid-9, Roanen-7, Avelyn Faith-5, Conlan-2 and 2 precious ones, Victory (10-2010) and Treasure (4-2013), in the arms of Jesus. Expecting a little rainbow blessing late Aug/early Sep Doing a lot of this to get ready! My ISO/IHA
mamatoblessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
ljeanbeans
Registered Users
seller

Yes, you must agree to a cancellation through the system. It doesn't work to just send an email and say you don't have it anymore or whatever.
There are scammers on eBay all the time: i.e. purchasers that say the item didn't arrive or that it was ruined and want a refund. I doesn't really matter why she cancelled the listing, she should be very accommodating to you to avoid getting a hit for breaking the rules. Her story seems likely to me. As in, her friend roped her into it and then wasn't happy with the final price. She's responsible.
Oh, and do an advanced item search for that exact item and "save" it to your eBay and eBay will email you the results how often you specify.
ljeanbeans is offline   Reply With Quote