Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2013, 06:23 AM   #1
mystery_of_me
Registered Users

Do I Have Flushable Liners?

Hi!

I have a one-month old newborn, and I'm CD'ing once again (third child). I have a question about these roll of liners I have. I bought these at a local CD'ing store that has since closed its doors and I can't recall if they are flushable. They are quite large (for a newborn) and I don't have a brand name. I think the roll once came wrapped in a cellophane but no longer is wrapped. they are a little scratchy to touch, so I'm thinking they are not Bummis Bio-Soft (though I don't know how "soft" these are either). I think there was only one size of liner available, so I'm thinking, maybe they are not Bummis.

Are there any liners on the market that are NOT flushable (other than microfleece and silk ones...kinda obvious with these!)? I don't know if I want to test these babies out in my own toilet to see if they flush ok! LOL

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement

mystery_of_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:27 AM   #2
yukipr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do I Have Flushable Liners?

Just be careful. When we first started using the flushable gDiapers, it worked great for 2 days, until the whole plumbing line inside the water got plugged. Since then, we just toss them in the garbage bag.

A family member also uses the Charmin wipes, those that you can flush too. And the whole sewer line all the way to the street got eventually plugged. The guy that came to do the repairs told her to do not do that again. Even though they say they are flushables, they are not. Maybe it has to do with the old sewer lines or something. But this is something I won't be trying any time soon.
yukipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:28 AM   #3
yukipr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just be careful. When we first started using the flushable gDiapers, it worked great for 2 days, until the whole plumbing line inside the water got plugged. Since then, we just toss them in the garbage bag.

A family member also uses the Charmin wipes, those that you can flush too. And the whole sewer line all the way to the street got eventually plugged. The guy that came to do the repairs told her to do not do that again. Even though they say they are flushables, they are not. Maybe it has to do with the old sewer lines or something. But this is something I won't be trying any time soon.
yukipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #4
Mandan914
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like they are flushable do they feel like a dryer sheet?

I cut ours in half till they fit our Ds better. We never had any issues with flushing them.

I bought the OSOCOSY flushable liners and they are lot softer the others..

newborns, infants, toddler, nights during pting
www.softbums.com
Mandan914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
mophie40
Registered Users
seller

There are linners you can't flush, but they could be biodegradable or could be used in a compost. You could try shreading it before flushing it if you end up testing it.
TTC #3 in August
mophie40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
lalalion
Registered Users
seller

My plumber friend says not to flush anything other than toilet paper even if it says flushable. He pulls clogs of "flushable" wipes out of people's pipes all the time