Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #41
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you left spacing up to god (or chance)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeneely
It has nothing to do with God and everything to do with either planning it or doing 'it' without knowing you were ovulating or using protection.
I have NO idea how people have pleasant surprises - your discharge is clear and stretchy when you are ovulating. It is for everyone and you can feel it when you wipe so even if you weren't looking for signs, you would clearly notice.
Yep, once I got into my mid/late twenties I didn't have EWCM anymore. I will get it while nursing and NOT fertile, but once I actually start ovulating again I don't have any except right before my period. Also, without temping it can seem like I am fertile but then I delay ovulation and ovulate later etc.

And as others stated, most women do not know about fertility signs. I was taught growing up that CM was called "discharge" and just happened. I had no idea why I had it or that there was any method, rhyme, or reason to it regarding fertility. Sad.

With all due respect, I think you are a little naive about the subject yourself.

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #42
jmrw2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We leave it up to God, and I don't keep track of timing at all. Way too much stress each month if I do. So far spacing has been:

21 mos
31 mos
23 mos (between DD and the bean)

I had a m/c between DS2 and DD and again last summer.
jmrw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #43
MommaKatie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DH and I NTNP for the first year of our marriage and found out on our first anniversary I was pregnant with DD. I lost my dad when DD was 6 weeks old and DH and I changed our thoughts about our family and how it would grow. We NTNP and when DD was 6 months old I got pregnant with DS1. We used a few birth control pills, none of which was a good fit, so we stopped. I got pregnant with DS2 when DS1 was 10 months old. Again NTNP and we are currently almost 15 weeks with baby#4. We were preventing but chose to ignore my fertility signs, so here we are, not so surprised but quite excited! We will definitely be on hiatus. The size of our home and other financial factors add to our decision. DH made a career change last year and we're hopeful that in the coming years it will allow us the financial means for our family to grow in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 02-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #44
jerri
Registered Users

It would be neat if you compiled some of this data into a readable chart- it is a really interesting question.
Our first two are almost exactly 3 yrs apart.
Second and third 2 yrs 3 months apart.
Third and fourth almost exactly 2 years apart.
Fourth and fifth 2 years 8 months apart.
We exclusively breast feed and delay solids until a year. I usually get my cycle back around 16-18 months. Then, I usually get pregnant shortly after.

A 2/02, K 1/05, T 4/07, F 4/09, L 12/11 and...expecting in May 2014
jerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #45
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerri
It would be neat if you compiled some of this data into a readable chart- it is a really interesting question.
I agree, it would be really interesting to see how everything averages out. I'd also like to see how different the spacing is with EBFing vs supplementing or FFing. Baby led weaning and what not.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #46
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD#2 and DD#3 are 26.5 months apart. I didn't get my first PP AF until DD#2 was over a year old. AF was irregular with duration and I wasn't charting (BFing still so temping was out of the question). Got a BFP on my 3rd cycle after AF's return. The month it happened was a scarce month for DTD too

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote