Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #21
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby

I think we all have those moments, which is why I'm thankful for this thread. Even though all my losses happened in the first trimester and I am now in my 3rd, I still find myself panicking a little when I don't feel baby move for a bit. I had though about selling my doppler a while back, but decided against it. Glad I did, as I've used it a couple times in the last few weeks. I'm looking forward to starting my weekly NSTs soon.
I used mine when she was quiet for a few days (she was growth spurting!) a couple weeks ago. Plus, my son likes finding her and listening to her "humpa humpa" because "her heart beep means she's getting bigger"

I have 2 dopplers and won't get rid of either!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #22
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (March 1-15)

Even though I feel this little man on a daily basis, there are times where I'm unsure if I've felt any movements that day and I'm so glad to still have my doppler... I actually listed it, then removed it when I changed my mind... glad I'm not the only one just hanging onto it!!!!!
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #23
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I get my doppler out once a week to check on "Hope". S/he is starting to move more so that is reasurring.

But I agree...I lent my doppler out to a friend and then two weeks later found out I was pregnant. She is so sweet and gave it right back (well 4 weeks later...since I wasn't going to be able to find hb until at least 9 weeks).

I won't be selling it until after "Hope" is in my arms...this is our last and final baby.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #24
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
I think we all have those moments, which is why I'm thankful for this thread. I'm looking forward to starting my weekly NSTs soon.
Totally agree. This thread is exactly what I needed to help me get through this pregnancy.

On one hand, weekly NSTs would be time consuming and annoying to schedule... but I bet they'll be very reassuring for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
my son likes finding her and listening to her "humpa humpa" because "her heart beep means she's getting bigger"

Yesterday DS2 asked if we all ready had a boy name and a girl name picked out. We both said we haven't really talked about names yet, but if he had ideas he could definitely tell us... and he may have just named boy-Hiccup
Unfortunately, I won't go with his girl name, but the boy name, both DH and I said "yeah. I like it."
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #25
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
I used mine when she was quiet for a few days (she was growth spurting!) a couple weeks ago. Plus, my son likes finding her and listening to her "humpa humpa" because "her heart beep means she's getting bigger"

I have 2 dopplers and won't get rid of either!

My DD used to call them heart beeps too.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:38 AM   #26
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

Totally agree. This thread is exactly what I needed to help me get through this pregnancy.

On one hand, weekly NSTs would be time consuming and annoying to schedule... but I bet they'll be very reassuring for you.

Yesterday DS2 asked if we all ready had a boy name and a girl name picked out. We both said we haven't really talked about names yet, but if he had ideas he could definitely tell us... and he may have just named boy-Hiccup
Unfortunately, I won't go with his girl name, but the boy name, both DH and I said "yeah. I like it."
So sweet!

Smidget wanted to name his sister Agra... It's the name of the porcupine at the San Diego Zoo. She's his favorite animal to visit!

Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #27
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
I've been getting anxious the past couple weeks (for some reason 32 weeks was my "holy crap it's another baby" week) about all the stuff we need to do in the house, with regards to bedrooms, to have space for Hiccup. DH wasn't getting it.
Until yesterday.
He came home from work and said "It's March." I said "Yeah". He said "That means next month is April." I said "... yeah". He said "That means it's really close to baby time. It's coming in April! Only next month!"

I told him I've known this for weeks and that's why I've been out of sorts, worrying, lol.

Other than that, though - we're doing good. Got 4 new diapers for Hiccup - arrived today Bonus, they gave me a gift of a pair of bamboo nursing pads !!
And I just bought a couple wet bags yesterday from Sarah.
There's not too much we need at all, just a few tidbits, kwim? I did order myself some new pj's (DH keeps teasing me about my Grannie nightie ) and a couple nursing bras today - those should be here next week.

Honestly, I still have moments, too, where I think "Yes, I'm pregnant. I know Hiccup is fine, kicking and moving around in there... but we're not going to actually bring home a baby... so none of the crap around here matters." I hate those moments.

I completely understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
You're due on my birthday

And you're due on my sister's bday
Cool.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #28
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh, I had another appointment today. They did an ultrasound and the dr said that she could see a place where I might've been bleeding from? Something like the sack the baby is in is fine but there was a tear or something like that somewhere else? She was pretty vague but do any of you know what I'm talking about?
Old 03-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #29
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almacham View Post
oh, I had another appointment today. They did an ultrasound and the dr said that she could see a place where I might've been bleeding from? Something like the sack the baby is in is fine but there was a tear or something like that somewhere else? She was pretty vague but do any of you know what I'm talking about?
possibly an SCH
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #30
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almacham View Post
I've only had experience with SCH - subchorionic hematoma. That could be what she was seeing, or it could be something else.
An SCH is basically a pool of blood between the placenta and the uterine wall. Sometimes they will be expelled (causing bleeding) and resolved, sometimes they will be absorbed by your body (no bleeding) and resolved, and unfortunately sometimes they will get larger and cause a m/c.
For me, mine was pretty large when they saw it at 6-7 weeks on u/s. I made no changes to my activity/life (no bedrest, etc), had no further bleeding, and at our 20 week u/s it was gone. But I know that isn't always the case.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote