Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
oye, suddenly wish I were a SAHM

After constant traveling, weekend work and exhaustion, I just discovered my work is telling clients I have a higher title than I do. Why? Because they think clients will be bothered if they know someone so low on the totem poll is handling such important business. But don't worry, it is not an actual promotion.

Wtf. I'm spending time away from my baby for THIS!?

Advertisement

Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
it is hard. I am a WAHM but when ODD was a toddler I briefly worked outside the home. It was terrible and I worked at the daycare she attended so at least I could pop in and say hi to her. I made more money doing that but I never had time with her since I worked 40 hours/week and our drive home was almost an hour due to traffic. By the time we got home we had 30 minutes until bedtime :/ I hated that.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: oye, suddenly wish I were a SAHM

Nice...how did you find that out? Did they tell you or did a customer say something?
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would go and talk to the boss. If you're given a higher title, then your pay should match that!
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I say you deserve the title that's being advertised to your clients. It's misrepresentation and very likely dishonest. Is your company billing the clients a higher billing rate than what your title would normally bill for? If, so your company is making a profit at your expense. I'd be so peeved over this, that I'd would almost threaten to reveal the correct title to the clients. Obviously you deserve this promotion because you're already doing the work.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli View Post
I would go and talk to the boss. If you're given a higher title, then your pay should match that!
Agreed!
Old 03-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #7
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpie View Post

I say you deserve the title that's being advertised to your clients. It's misrepresentation and very likely dishonest. Is your company billing the clients a higher billing rate than what your title would normally bill for? If, so your company is making a profit at your expense. I'd be so peeved over this, that I'd would almost threaten to reveal the correct title to the clients. Obviously you deserve this promotion because you're already doing the work.
This. I would NOT be ok with that. They are being very dishonest, and having you do work that you are not being paid for (at the rate you should be, anyway)

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #8
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jeez. I'd be upset. I'd ask for a title change if not a raise if they don't seem likely to give you a raise. Then at least you can look better on your resume when you go hunting for a new job!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #9
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Old 03-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #10
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

That's not right. Sucks to work for dishonest people.

Quote:

I say you deserve the title that's being advertised to your clients. It's misrepresentation and very likely dishonest. Is your company billing the clients a higher billing rate than what your title would normally bill for? If, so your company is making a profit at your expense.
Plus, they're dragging you into it. When clients figure out you're not what they thought, they'll hold you responsible too.

They need to make it right. If they need you to have a certain title to carry out your responsibilities, then you should have that title.
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote