Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
tinams8
Registered Users
seller

Smile Misc. stuffable fitteds and lay in inserts

I made these and they are not pretty but they work. LOL

Fleece inners (blue, striped, or lucky charms) and hemp fleece (cream) or flannel (stars, zoo animals, vehicles) outers. These had aplix closures but I cut them off and used them as lay-ins inside velcro covers. $12ppd for all 6.

They can be stuffed with prefolds or pretty much any kind of insert I'd imagine. I used small prefolds, microfiber, and flannel inserts. I have plenty of flannel ones or I can make new ones if anyone needs them. I also have preemie prefolds that I didn't take pics of yet, and homemade prefolds with John Lennon animals on them.

I used these from 6lbs to maybe 12-14 lbs and they could probably be used on a bigger baby if they aren't super messy. Basically these keep whatever insert you have folded and in place, and the fleece keeps the moisture away from the baby's skin. They were great for dh because I could stuff them and lie them in the covers and he would just velcro them on. I used them with Bummis covers, newborns and smalls. Oh, and the reason I didn't just sew fitteds was because I wanted quick dry and adjustable absorbency.

Ok, way too much info for $12 worth of diapers.

Next...NB-Small stuffable fitted and maroon fleece pull-on cover. Fitted is cream colored with roses flannel and red fleece inner, velcro with fold-back tabs for washing. $5 ppd for both. Stuff with your nb prefold or similar, or I will add a 6 layer flannel insert for $1.

SOLDTiny Newborn/XS Fleece pull on and PUL/aplix covers 6-10 lbs approx. $8 ppd. I made these for my daughter when she was born at 6 lbs unexpectedly and none of her diapers fit. By the time I finished sewing them she was too big.

Link to album with bigger pics, covers, & additional stuff: http://s20.beta.photobucket.com/user...ibrary/Diapers

Advertisement

Last edited by tinams8; 03-07-2013 at 08:31 PM.
tinams8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
tinams8
Registered Users
seller

Re: Misc. stuffable fitteds and lay in inserts

Bump