Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #31
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
My Mood:
Re: When does the weightloss kick in?

For me, there is no "luck" about it. The initial baby weight I gain (about 15-20lbs above pre-pregnancy weight) falls off very easily, but unless I actually make an effort, I do not lose weight while BFing. I don't think the act of BFing itself will make most people lose weight, because it's easy to eat too many calories, but it sure is nice that I get to eat 500-700 extra calories a day and lose weight. I've lost 55lbs so far from my highest non-pregnant weight in about 15 months, but I was pregnant for 9 of those months, and lost about 15lbs until about 20 weeks due to morning sickness, then gained 10lbs above pre-pregnancy weight (actual weight gain from lowest pregnancy weight was 25lbs). But anyways, I use MyFitnessPal (on both my computer and phone) and track every single bite I eat, and my exercise. I have 1300 calories as my "baseline", then I eat 200 extra calories a day for nursing my toddler, and then I eat 15 calories for every 1oz I pump. My pumping calories vary from about 300-500 calories a day depending on how many pumps I can get in. I also HAVE to eat back any exercise calories or my supply suffers. So I'm currently doing Jillian Michael's Body Revolution and I run, and my HRM tells me exactly how many calories I burn, so I add that in, and get to eat those too. Most days I average 1800-2200 calories a day that I get to eat, and I'm losing at about a 1-1.5lbs a week rate. If I stop tracking my calories though, I overeat and don't lose any weight (and will probably gain again like I did during dd1's first year.) Tracking isn't too hard for me anymore - it's just part of my lifestyle. I do have a day once a week where I don't track and can eat pretty much whatever I feel like. It has only improved my weightloss, but I don't binge or anything, I just eat when hungry and get to eat things I don't normally eat because it isn't worth the calories, like cake. Lol
Wife to my best friend & Mommy to three beautiful girls, two with us, and one in heaven.
B's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote