Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #1
Registered Users
what are the signs of PT readiness?

just curious from those who've btdt. DD is 27 mos and we have a newborn! She will go into the bathroom and sit clothed on her potty when I go, and can tell us when she pooped, but doesn't tell when wet. Sometimes she pulls at the front of her diaper when wet. (I've been using disposables with extra spit up newborn stuff and having bronchitis 2 weeks before birth, and then a cold running through the house when he turned 2 weeks. I'm ready to be healthy!)

gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie
My Mood:
Re: what are the signs of PT readiness?

it's hard for kids to always recognize the signal for being wet, so that's perfectly normal. early signs for being ready to PT is acknowledgement of bodily functions, curiosity about the potty, and asking about pee or poop. start slow, have your child watch you go, show them the potty and explain about it, tell them they get rewards for going pee or poo on the potty, etc. if all that goes well, set a date to "get ride of diapers" and get to potty training! we tried PT before DS was born, but DD wasn't ready for that. we waited a bit longer, till she was around 2.5 before she was fully potty trained.
Kalli: We're Christian, we homeschool and we wish to be hippies on a farm! Married 8 years with three blessings:

Catherine Grace (6)
John Gabriel (4)
Laura Josephine (1)
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote