Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wink *****Spring Chicken Moma Chat Thread!****

I guess it's about that time now!
Spring is in the air and the eggs are being set.
Many of us already have bebies runnin round!

Got a question, just wanna share, join it!

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: *****Spring Chicken Moma Chat Thread!****

Still waiting on those baby pics Fodie!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Haha Liz, here ya go!
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!

Last edited by Nielsen6; 03-09-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I saw them on FB! SO ADORABLE!! I hope my one little egglet from Peanut has feathered feet. You guys should see our silkie now... she's so fluffy I'm gonna die!
Old 03-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #5
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsen6 View Post
Haha Liz, here ya go!
OMG how adorable!

Sarah, last night was day 13, I am going to candle the rest tonight when SIL and her fam are here with the kids. I need to go clean my coop out......and separate the boys for culling tomorrow
Old 03-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #6
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Oh my gosh mel, there are some of those in your incubator. Squeee!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #7
joyjoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

to finish out the egg song chatter... my girls are free-range. so really, they hit the coop (which is in the pasture near the house) and then sing sing sing their merry way up to the back deck. i swear the maran uses a bullhorn. i will try the treats...there's always compost in my kitchen bucket. any other ideas?

i'm excited to candle again tomorrow (day 14) and see how everyone's doing. yay!
joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #8
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsen6 View Post
Haha Liz, here ya go!
Ah, how precious! No blues? Any pure, with middle toe feathering? You got a yellow!!!!! That can eith be from the rsl or the light brahma. How well are the legs feathered? The brahma will have better toe feathering. Congrats!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melmonkey View Post
OMG how adorable!

Sarah, last night was day 13, I am going to candle the rest tonight when SIL and her fam are here with the kids. I need to go clean my coop out......and separate the boys for culling tomorrow
Cool! Let us know how candeling goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Oh my gosh mel, there are some of those in your incubator. Squeee!!!
Liz, if you want any feather leged mixes and a cpl pure, lmk. Fertility is temp down. I just tossed 5 out of 24, 1 had a bact ring though. That's horrible for the girls. I normally get wayyyyy better numbers! Has to be the crappy weather. Half cochin would give you feathered legs, but not heavily and they would do well in the heat. My big gals actually did just fine in our heat. Just hung in the shade.

AFM- My only hatched half br is georgious!!!! It's a boy though! The legs are all br too! So pretty! I have more in the bator. I figured we might as well enjoy the beauty of meat chickens!

I had 3 new eggs today!!!! WooHoo! That means the ones I left with the flock ARE female!!!
2 had blood in them. I've never had that before but I did read quite a few places that this is normal. Just tissue passing before the egg is encased by the shell. SOOOO tiny! I expected that with them being so young. I can't get over this. Why doesn't everyone have a cpl mixes if they lay this early, haha! October babies!!! I do like how these mixes grew so fast! I'm floored. I'd say one month to plump up and they will be ready to butcher. WOOOO, yummy meat from our own flock again!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 03-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #9
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't think there is anything you can do Joy? Mine stop singing shortly after leaving the coop. They sit inside to sing. When I set them out, they stop. They have toned it down a slight notch. I'm out there every day though. Congrats on getting so close!!!! I really hope you get great numbers hun! You are gonna have some major surprise colors when they feather in. They all look so simular at hatch, lol. Except the brahma and rsl X's are yellow.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #10
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Sarah dh would kill me. He's already pretty irritated about how many I have in the incubator now! LOL Maybe this fall....