Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #101
Belbaby3728
Banned

Re: Extended breastfeeding and the benefits

Love this!! Only going on 8 weeks EBF but we love it and have the determination to go as long as we can!!

Advertisement

Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #102
momofniamh
Registered Users

Thanks so much for this information! My daughter is almost 11 months, and my husband's been asking for about 6 months already when I'm going to quit nursing. I'm glad to know that others have the same challenges. I love our time together. Not planning to stop any time soon!
momofniamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #103
captivates
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was only able to bf my eldest son for 15 months, before he caught Hand Foot and Mouth from a friend who went to daycare. It was fine for me until the blisters covered my aeriolas (sp?) without my attention. He latched on, and tore the blisters open. It was over after that. He had nearly weaned himself before that, and he only asked twice after that, but I still had hoped it would be longer. I'm trying to convince some friends of mine to go past 6 weeks, but they seem so selfish about not wanting the baby to have their boobs. What is that about, and how can I encourage them?
captivates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #104
captivates
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and my other son is 3 months, so I plan on bf him until he's at least two. It will be hard with me back at college again, but I am determined. I had a friend who nursed through 7 bouts of mastitis and thrush, because she was determined. I admire her greatly for that, and wish others were so persistent.
captivates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #105
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I'm glad to read the first post especially. I nursed my first 2 until almost 4 years old each(no tandem). We now live in a different town. Unfortunately my friends here are not accustomed to extended bf. I fear I will face comments and pressure to wean earlier.

I was also happy when I saw the recommendations for nursing a toddler who refused or limited solids. Ds1 ate very little solids for a long time. WIC recommended weaning him so he would eat more. I was afraid he still wouldn't eat if I weaned him. I knew he was getting the majority of his nutrients from me still as he nursed between 8-12 times a day at 2 years of age. Any way because of my fear I chose to ignore WIC and go with my instincts. Now I am really glad I did.

Last edited by qsefthuko; 01-14-2014 at 01:28 AM.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:47 AM   #106
homeinsight
Registered Users
Formerly: jba**a
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for posting this! I'll come back to this for reminders as I try super hard to go further in breastfeeding length of time with my second child than I did with my first!
homeinsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #107
lavinialuna
Registered Users
seller

I am still nursing my 16 month old. I am getting more shy about nursing in public, esp. since that time magazine cover! But I know I am doing what is best, and I can't see sudden weening as healthy. I think it would hurt our relationship. I am in no hurry
lavinialuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:53 AM   #108
fanshionzheng
Registered Users

Support breastfeeding
fanshionzheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #109
starsandbutterflies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, an oldie but a goodie! Thanks also for the great post. Just completed a year and still going strong!
starsandbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #110
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love this! I am still nursing our 22 month old son- and have no plans to stop anytime soon! :-)
Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Baby #9 is here!! IT'S A GIRL!! Born Oct 1st 2014!!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote