Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #21
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dairy elimination diet

Nightshades are potatoes, tomatoes, eggplants, and peppers, they are high in alkoloids which can cause problems for some and also cause inflamation. Sweet Potatoes don't count though they are not really considered nightshades.

I hope my baby does not have issues with potatoes bc I have been craving french fries this whole pregnancy.

As for non dairy snacks for me sometimes they have to be fun and imo there is nothing better than a vegan milkshake. I love coconut bliss or any other coconut milk based icecream with usually almond milk and anything I can find laying around the house with some vegan cookies. I go all out!

Some babies have serious issues with tomatoes and tomato sauce too.

With every baby I have had to eliminate dairy. It was hardest my first time but got easier as we go and in turn I tend to stay away from dairy--except when pregnant bc I get visits from my besties Ben&Jerrry!

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #22
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Dairy elimination diet

My 3rd son had issues with tomatoes. He got excema if I went near them. Certain fruits were the same way. Turns out he had a citric acid sensitivity.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #23
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2jandb
Hummus is great. Eat it with veggies or scoop it up with roasted chicken, yum! It's great in a wrap with roasted red peppers too.

If you can do soy, Silk makes a really good soy yogurt. The other brands are all gross.

Hard boiled eggs make a great quick snack. If you can do eggs.

Bananas!

Green & Black's 85% organic chocolate bars are dairy and soy free, and delicious.
I'm super excited about the green and blacks chocolate bar being dairy and soy free. I've been having such a craving for chocolate, but I'm avoiding baking anything because last time I almost ate the whole pan of brownies oops.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #24
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post

No issues with pasta?
No. Why? Spaghetti noodles don't contain dairy. Neither does marinara (read the label, though, of course). Obviously if you add cheese it wouldn't be dairy-free.
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #25
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesslouise

No. Why? Spaghetti noodles don't contain dairy. Neither does marinara (read the label, though, of course). Obviously if you add cheese it wouldn't be dairy-free.
My favorite dairy free pasta sauce is Prego Garden Veggie. My LO is very sensitive and I eat it every week almost with no problem.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote