|Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|03-11-2013, 01:41 PM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2011
what's your favorite freezer meal?
I made some from pinterest before baby was born and am looking for round 2! would love for you to include link/recipe and if you altered it in any way, how you prefer to store freezer meals, any tips for the newbie! thanks
So far, my favorite is chicken pot pie - can't find the link~ will edit later as the babe is ready to eat yet again!
Here's the recipe, I can't find the link, but this is saved on the computer. It's for 3 pies and I use my own cream of substutute and frozen peas and it's great. If it's still a little frozen, it just takes longer to bake and I leave foil on top loosely until the last 15 or so minutes.
Chicken Pot Pies:
• Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
• Wash & Trim ALL the Chicken Breasts. Put (6) Breasts in a pot of water on the stove and cook on med-medhigh heat for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Put all other uncooked chicken in the fridge until later.
• While the Chicken is cooking…Wash and set aside (3) of the potatoes. Next, chop vegetables for chicken pot pie: (3) Onions, (6) Carrots, (6) Celery Stalks and (3) Small Potatoes. Put aside 1/8 cup chopped onion for another recipe. Melt (4) tablespoons butter in large sauce pot and add all chopped vegetables EXCEPT potatoes.
Chicken Pot Pie all wrapped up
• While the veggies are sautéing, shred the cooked chicken breast with two forks and set aside. Add Chicken Broth (42oz) & diced Potato to pot with sautéed veggies after about 5 minutes and let simmer over med-med high heat until reduced by half.
• Remove pre-made pie crust from fridge. It will need to sit for (10) minutes before placing in round foil pans.
• After the Chicken Broth has reduced by half with the veggies- stir in shredded chicken, 3 cans peas and 3 cans cream of chicken.
• Line each of the (3) foil round pans with a pie crust. Evenly distribute chicken/veg mixture into each pie pan. Top each with remaining pie crust. Pinch sides of each together using your fingers or a fork. Cut 2-3 vents in the top using a sharp knife. WRAP WELL with plastic wrap. Using a permanent market- write on each one “Chicken Pot Pie, the date and 350 degrees 45 minutes” *or until golden and bubbly. Place in Freezer.
Last edited by gghmommy; 03-12-2013 at 07:03 AM.