Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #21
kjlarson
Registered Users

Re: Is 2oz a day worth it?

Any breastmilk you can give baby is beneficial. That said, you should stop pumping and/or trying to get her to nurse once you are frustrated enough that it becomes burdensome and even resented. You have done a great job thus far- and you posting this, being concerned about 2 oz, continuing to pump, just shows how you care for your baby. Well done!!

Advertisement

kjlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #22
birdinhand
Registered Users

I took Reglan for stomach issues and I was one of the lucky few who experience the extrapyramidal symptoms which basically made me feel like I was hopped up some uppers where I couldn't stop moving my arms and legs. It really sucked -- like extreme restless leg syndrome in my arms and legs. I hate that stuff! But I agree, if it works (especially if it's cheap!), I would take it, just beware of how you are feeling on it when you first start it, like any medication, really.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #23
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers View Post
How would I convince her to try nursing again? The last few times we have tried have been cuddled up on the rocker in her room at night, so the perfect atmosphere, and she still just wants nothing to do with the boob. I had always planned on nursing till 1 year and everywhere I look it says I'm a horrible mother for not nursing at least 1-2 years. I really want to continue on...
I have told my husband only 2 people should have any say in how long you breastfeed your kiddo. Mama and child. As long as both are desirous of breastfeeding go for it. If one no longer wants to then it is time to call it quits. If you are reasonable sure this isn't just a nursing strike I wouldn't stress about it. Not for only 1-2 oz daily.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #24
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
How would I convince her to try nursing again? The last few times we have tried have been cuddled up on the rocker in her room at night, so the perfect atmosphere, and she still just wants nothing to do with the boob. I had always planned on nursing till 1 year and everywhere I look it says I'm a horrible mother for not nursing at least 1-2 years. I really want to continue on...
You are NOT a horrible mother for this. BFing, while important, is one small piece of the type of mother you are. Despite my best efforts DD1 refused the breast, and pumping only got us to 4-5 months. DD2 nursed til 13-14 months. Only you can decide to what lengths you are willing to go to continue nursing, but whatever you decide will be what's right for you and your baby.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #25
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinhand View Post
I took Reglan for stomach issues and I was one of the lucky few who experience the extrapyramidal symptoms which basically made me feel like I was hopped up some uppers where I couldn't stop moving my arms and legs. It really sucked -- like extreme restless leg syndrome in my arms and legs. I hate that stuff! But I agree, if it works (especially if it's cheap!), I would take it, just beware of how you are feeling on it when you first start it, like any medication, really.
That stinks. It is amazing how a med can effect each person. My MW prefers dom too. I had no choice though. I have to be on it the whole time I nurse so I have to have free verses thousands of dollars for years. I always wanted to try it as I heard it works best. Although Reglan has worked just fine for me.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #26
paaterzone
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
You are not a horrible mom! You are concerned for her and invested in her best interests, which makes you a great mom. :-) If it is stressing you and baby out to keep trying/pumping, there is nothing wrong with stopping.
paaterzone is offline   Reply With Quote