Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2013, 06:42 AM   #1
emconigs
Registered Users
seller

DD is 4.5 and DS just turned 2. When would you stop giving them baths together? DD knows about boy parts and everything, but at some point does this become inappropriate? I from a family of three girls DH's closest sibling is 8 years older than him, so neither of us have any experience with this. Thanks for any thoughts!

Advertisement

emconigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:45 AM   #2
ElizasMommy606
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Brother/sister baths

Growing up I had 2 sisters (younger) and a brother (also younger). I remember taking a bath with them probably until I was around 6 years old. I don't remember questioning it. I do remember all those cute baby pictures of us though in the tub!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:53 AM   #3
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

I'm pretty sure I had baths with my brother at that age. I'd go with the flow. If you start to notice one feels embarrassed or uncomfortable with it then you stop. Or maybe when the older one is old enough to wash herself without help. You might even be able to switch her to having showers in a year or so.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
My boys are 10, 7, and 5. D is 19 months. She may bathe with the 5yo *if* were in a rush otherwise we do separate baths. He knows to keep bodies separated in the tip and hands to ourself. It's her we have to watch out for.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:00 AM   #5
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandni3 View Post
I'm pretty sure I had baths with my brother at that age. I'd go with the flow. If you start to notice one feels embarrassed or uncomfortable with it then you stop. Or maybe when the older one is old enough to wash herself without help. You might even be able to switch her to having showers in a year or so.
Agree. I used to til my bro thought he grew other odd things we think & shut us all out. He used to help me even in showers but it seems like puberty he got weird....
Old 03-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #6
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
My kids are pretty much the same age as yours. It's certainly still appropriate now. I see one of two things in their future. Either it will become clear to me that my son is getting too aggressive with my daughter, or my daughter will specifically request a private bath. She likes a good, long soak. Luckily, my son is finished long before she is so it's no big deal. I'm not really worried about it.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:05 AM   #7
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well for DS1 and DD, it was when he decided to tickle her in an inappropriate place-but not inappropriate manner. He was about 6. She was a little over a year.

DD is now about 6 and DS2 is 4.5 and they still bathe together. It's starting to get pretty crowded in there and by this time next year I anticipate our (unborn) DD2 will be ready for the big bath tub and we'll be in a house with more bath tubs to go around. DD1 will be ready for big girl showers.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #8
ambieone
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
Well for DS1 and DD, it was when he decided to tickle her in an inappropriate place-but not inappropriate manner. He was about 6. She was a little over a year.

DD is now about 6 and DS2 is 4.5 and they still bathe together. It's starting to get pretty crowded in there and by this time next year I anticipate our (unborn) DD2 will be ready for the big bath tub and we'll be in a house with more bath tubs to go around. DD1 will be ready for big girl showers.
Mine are around the same age as yours and they still bathe together too. Its more of a space issue than anything else. They are just getting too big to fit in the tub without being in each others space. We will be starting seperate baths/showers shortly.
ambieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:11 AM   #9
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD and DS1 bathed together until they were about 2 and 4, IIRC. A that point, DS2 was getting baths in the big tub and we did the boys together, DD got her own bath.
DS3 hasn't had many baths with the others, they're all old enough to have their own and they prefer showers anyways. Actually, DS3 all ready prefers showers himself.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #10
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
For us it will stop when someone gets uncomfortable.
Right now I have 8,6,3,and1
All of us regularly jump in the shower together although its getting a bit crowded lol

Ds2 3 showers with DH almost everyday.

The kids all regularly wander around nude or in underwear too.
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote