Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
Registered Users
family planning and milk donation

Hi, I'm Breastfeeding my almost 7 mo old, and am starting to look into local milk donation. Both with freezer supply and ongoing pumping. I got my period 7 weeks postpartum and again 3 weeks later and nothing since. Baby nurses still once or twice at night. I just today pumped to start to (hopefully) produce a bit more to donate. Husband and I talked and will wait till this little one is at least a year before thinking of another baby, but probably don't wanna wait TOO long either.

Any of you donate milk but then stop in hopes of getting pregnant?
With my first baby I got my period back about 7 weeks pp and had it every month. So who knows what'll happen with my body in future.

I'm just trying to gather information from all sides regarding milk donation, and this is part of it for me....
Thanks for sharing your experiences.

chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
Registered Users
I have a message into someone I found on a Facebook milksharing board who lives very close to me who's baby girl was born with a heart issue and is expected to live and be ok but needs desperately to have breastmilk and mom isnt making enough..
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #3
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
My Mood:
Hugs!!! I dont have any advice or experience with the donation aspect.....weve always been on the receiving end. But I just wanted to offer you some encouragement and some Atta girls!! Its truly a wonderful gift, and that little baby will be blessed with whatever you can provide for her.
Hi I'm Candice: mama to E, A,and B. Wifey to K. On the road to being debt free with Dave Ramsey!
bluecandi is offline   Reply With Quote