Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

anxiety attacks when thinking of 3rd cs

My last csection went perfectly. It was beautiful. But for some reaspn I can't shake the fear of dying on the table! Can they at least give me a lil something this time to make me not freak on the table. I want this to be enjoyable as possible.

Advertisement

Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

Idl y this new fear other than I just lost my brother to a heart attack and a few childhood friends died tragic deaths.
Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: anxiety attacks when thinking of 3rd cs

My c-section was an emergency due to the loss of DD1's identical twin. From the time I walked in the front door of the hospital to her birth was 30 minutes. My recovery was horrible. She spent 6 weeks in the NICU. The idea of having another c-section gives me PTSD like symptoms and mild panic attacks. Fortunately I was able to have a VBAC for my 2nd daughter, and plan on vaginal again for this baby. Are you not a VBAC candidate? I would think if it's a genuine anxiety/panic attack issue you should be able to discuss come solutions with your doctor. Good luck mama!
mibarra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: anxiety attacks when thinking of 3rd cs

Do you want to remember the delivery, or not? They can give you Versed which will make you forget the delivery, and calm you down. I am not sure if that would help you or not. There might be another drug that you can take where you will be able to remember the delivery if you like. Versed I just know VERY well. I have had to be on it lots in my life.

I am sorry your having such anxiety about this. I am also about to have my third c-section, and strange as it might sound, I am not that worried at all, and sadly I do have some BIG risks with having this c-section. My risks are not related to the prior c-sections but to my cancer.

None of my deliveries haven't been without their trauma. Gave birth to triplets at 24 weeks (5 months 5 days in the NICU, no child to bring home), gave birth to DS at 38 weeks but still had a 6 day NICU stay. However I see each birth as a chance to get that perfect delivery. Maybe I am an optimist.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
I think you could probably get some short acting benzo that won't be as strong as versed. I take Xanax when I fly. I certainly remember what's happened and able to perceive what's happening. I had dental surgery I while back. I had some bad prior surgery and was really nervous.

Dr gave me rx for 2 pills one for the night before and one for the morning. It didn't make me feel doopy, only calm. I'd think that if your planning a rcs, it can be worked out. The effect on the baby would be pretty minimal and worth it to you to have a peaceful experience.

As for non med solutions, check out the book mindful birthing by nancy berdeke. It is great training for resolving anxiety around birth. Can say enough about how great this book is.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
Ashsmama
Registered Users
seller

I understand how you feel but don't know about meds.

It's hard for me to even come onto this part of the forum because I start to get dizzy. (My hearts starting to race as I type)

My first was so traumatic for me. It was my first pregnancy, new mom fears. I totally never even thought I would end up with a csection. I go to the hospital to get induced thinking that's it. I get induced, I have my baby. Then, bam! Baby's heart rate drops and I'm being wheeled into the OR. Recovery was so hard as I new nothing about csections and how painful it can be.
My second was a failed vbac. I was a perfect candidate for a vbac. I was so excited I went into labor on my own before my due date (my first was 4days late). I knew with my heart I would have my baby vaginally and totally did not expect a csection. Nope. Baby's heart rate went down and I was rushed to the OR for emergency cesarean. I was bawling. That time I was put under. And I was able to handle it better.

I'm pregnant with my third and I'm terrified of another cesarean. I'm wondering if I can ask to be put under again?