Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
Registered Users
My son did private preschool this year, and I'd love to do some fun learning activates with him over the summer. I'm thinking a good mix of interactive/sensory stuff, lots of free time and outdoor play and exploring, and a small amount of curriculum worked in as he is interested.

I'm looking for some good pre-k oriented curriculum. He loves to do worksheets and something like a sticker poster for motivation.

I'd really be interested in knowing what curriculums you like best for pre-k! If anyone would be willing to post pictures of a sample of it too, that'd be helpful.

Last edited by BeccaSueCongdon; 03-19-2013 at 03:08 PM.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Summer curriculum for a 5 year old

Stephanie wife to Thomas & mom to DD Avery '99, DD Ellison '04, DS Bennett'08, & DS Sullivan 3/11/11
stephcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #3
Registered Users

Not worksheets, but Five in a Row is an excellent picture book curriculum perfect for that age.
Amandamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
Registered Users

I'd probably just pick up a few workbooks from Mardel. DS1 likes worksheets too and it's really a good way to entertain him in a setting where he needs to be quiet. He really enjoyed the math and maze workbooks. We had some same or different ones and a few others. I never purchased any for reading but I remember seeing some. They are full color and really affordable. One of the books we purchased had golden star stickers included that you could use as reward. We'd put stickers on the page when he had completed it.
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote