Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #51
redsonja
Registered Users
seller

Re: Let's talk Easter baskets!!

My dd is getting a sleeping bag (something we were getting anyway but saved to use for an "occasion"), candy, a small dish for her trinkets, and a coloring book and markers. That's it and it's plenty!

Advertisement

Old 03-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #52
AfWife8405
Registered Users
seller
seller

We usually do new toothbrush, toiletries and swim stuff (suits, sunscreen, etc.) for the summer. However, we just took a trip to Maui (we live on Oahu) with DH's family so the kids needed all their swim stuff a few weeks ago, so that was out for baskets. Also, we all got strep while on the trip, so we had to replace their toothbrushes.

So here is what we came up with....

DS 1 - 7 years old

- 2 Avengers DVDs (DH has been wanting to add these to our dvd collection)
- 1 Small Iron Man 3 Toy
- 1 Crocs Jibbitz Charm Bracelet
- 4 Large Plastic Eggs containing...
---- 1 Mini Avengers Action Figure
---- 1 Mini Cadbury Egg
---- 1 Peep
---- 1 Handful of M&Ms (Leftover from the huge bag my in-laws bought at Costco while visiting us)

DS 2 - 5 years old
- 2 Avengers DVDs (DH has been wanting to add these to our dvd collection)
- 1 Small Iron Man 3 Toy
---- 1 Mini Avengers Action Figure
---- 1 Mini Cadbury Egg
---- 1 Peep
---- 1 M&Ms (Leftover from the huge bag my in-laws bought at Costco while visiting us)

DD - 3 years old
- 1 Pair of Crocs (Needed anyways)
- 1 Book of her Tag Jr.
- 1 Lalaloopsy Horse (pulled from the gift closet)
---- 1 Mini Lalaloopsy
---- 1 Mini Cadbury Egg
---- 1 Peep
---- 1 M&Ms (Leftover from the huge bag my in-laws bought at Costco while visiting us)

I try to stay away from too much candy and only bought 1 pack of peeps and 1 pack of mini cadbury eggs. My parents sent some candy that they will be getting in addition to their baskets. I had the plastic eggs saved from last year and DH was thrilled for an excuse to add a few movies to our dvd collection. So while it wasn't the cheapest, it was fairly easy and practical for us considering we were off our usual routine.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #53
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

ds is 5.5 and he is getting some plastic eggs wit candy (jelly beans and reeses eggs), a small chocolate bunny, a cute sock monkey with bunny ears, and a couple of books, and i think thats it. usually there are a couple more toys in there, but not this year. We set out our plastic eggs for the easter bunny to reuse them, lol. and we will be dying eggs tonight

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #54
threekstrio
Registered Users
seller

we spent about $15 for everything including easter baskets and easter dinner.
threekstrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #55
SarasynFox
Registered Users

My Mood:
We usually don't go to big on holidays because we don't want to add anything we don't need to the house. We get cheap eggs (and recycle them from previous yeats when we can) that are coded per kid. We have 4 so we like to make sure there's no mix-ups and everyone gets a fair share of the candy. This year our daughter has flowers, eldest boy has glitter, and the middle boy has tiger stripe eggs. The littlest is just a baby so he could care less about eggs. They'd just be trouble if he broke them and he doesn't get candy. They each get one Cadbury egg, aside frim the baby. The baskets are plastic ones that can be reused. We generally do coloring books and crayons, but they have a ton of art supplies from Christmas still, so just coloring books this year. We generally do one outdoor toy each to celebrate the nice weather. My daughter has a jump rope. The boys all have inexpensive balls. Next year we're planning to get sunglasses for all of them, but I couldn't find any they'd like this year. I'm going to plan ahead and put them away next time. We like to include one craft for each of them too, but I couldn't find any decent kits that didn't cost an arm and a leg. I put in some beads to make bracelets since the kids love that kind of stuff. We don't do other toys because my family always sends stuff and we like to minimize the amount of new toys. Outdoor toys undoubtedly break, deflate, get lost at the park, etc.

Next year we hope to have a yard so we're going to get the kids some seeds, tools, etc and maybe do that for Easter, useful and fun!
SarasynFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #56
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Super late here but the 2 older kids are getting gardening gloves and a little garden tool bag set and the baby (toddler really) is getting sidewalk chalk that looks like ice cream. From the bunny the 2 littles are getting goldfish snacks and ODD is getting chocolate chip granola bars. They love these things and we never buy them

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:02 PM   #57
soonerfan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was always bad about adding all of the junky stuff that I can find cheap, so for the past couple of years, I put in things they need. This year I used bathing suits as the "grass," rolled up sundresses, a matching bracelet, 4 eggs with candy, spring pencils, sidewalk chalk, and a little notebook.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:08 AM   #58
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I haven't checked back to this thread in forever. DDs has a cinch sac from 31, some new clothes, a few kumon books that I had stuffed away for when she was ready (just about ready for them), some lip gloss, a toothbrush, peeps and 5 eggs with money inside. She is really into buying things with her own money lately