Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #31
wildsissy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Got a step 2 climber with a slide for $20. Had been sitting outside not used for years. Brought it home took it apart scrubbed it down drilled holes in the bottom filled the pieces with water and suds... dried it all out... brought it inside for dd to play on.

Advertisement

L♥VING MY WAHM PRODUCTS I FOUND HERE ON DIAPERSWAPPERS!! Homemade natural bath/skin products & candles from Alexanders Additions http://www.alexandersadditions.com/ and MAMA CLOTH great prices, amazing well made pads and she does custom work too visit The Silver Liner here.. http://hyenacart.com/stores/TheSilverLiner/
wildsissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #32
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsissy View Post
Got a step 2 climber with a slide for $20. Had been sitting outside not used for years. Brought it home took it apart scrubbed it down drilled holes in the bottom filled the pieces with water and suds... dried it all out... brought it inside for dd to play on.
Excellent find! Don't you love that? I found one at the thrift shop in Germany(on post) for $7. Cleaned it well & we had it for years til I loaned it to one of DH's soldiers for his daughter (single dad) and he kept it and moved away.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #33
wooly_wonderful
Registered Users
Formerly: lxl***ca
seller

My Mood:
I bought the disney scene it game for $4! We are going to disneyland next week, so thus is a fabulous "souvenir".

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
wooly_wonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #34
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I just saved $X.xx buying on Craigslist!

My craigslist is so over priced with rarely anything good! It makes me sad...

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:13 AM   #35
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooly_wonderful View Post
I bought the disney scene it game for $4! We are going to disneyland next week, so thus is a fabulous "souvenir".

Great idea!

P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #36
Jamimclaugh
Registered Users
seller

Wow some of you ladies got some good deals! I am always shopping cl, this weekend I picked up an exersaucer for $25. To me its a good deal, since its in brand new condition
Jamimclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #37
wooly_wonderful
Registered Users
Formerly: lxl***ca
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19

Great idea!

Thanks! I've been stocking up in stuff and shirts. They'll be getting a bunch of souvenir type stuff, but I've paid very little for everything.

wooly_wonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #38
sweetDD
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookeMolly View Post
Love! I need to start searching there again.
me too..lol
sweetDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #39
kej
Registered Users
seller

At Christmas I found a hand-painted Christmas village, 30 houses/shops for $50. She then sold me the remaining 30 for $25 I think. She had painted all of them and made them personalized to the area where we live. It's almost way too much village, but darn they are cool.

And 2 weeks ago I scored free pavers, probably half a pallet of so. I will use them to edge my new gardens and make pathways through them. And I'll still have some leftover.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #40
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been doing more minimalism lately so more selling than buying. But I do love that a lot of things I've been able to get a good deal on in the past I'm able to re-sell for around the same price! We used a toybox that matches the nursery theme for 2 years, and we bought it for $20 and sold it for $20.

We also just sold our entertainment center thing with speakers/subwoofer/dvdplayer/tuner for $40. Originally bought it 5 years ago for $50.

And we sold some play hut pop up tents for $20 that originally cost I think $30-40. I've used them for about 8 years and have had tons of kids I babysit use them. Very worth it!

Another one that kinda made me mad but then worked out ok was when I bought a set of barstools recently for $30. She told me the specific dimensions but when I got them home found out she was wrong and they wouldn't fit. So I researched the style a little and they were under priced. Listed them for $60 and they sold that day!

Oh and we got a big plastic play structure last year for $60. It ended up being not nearly as awesome of a set as I would have liked, it just wasn't very well designed. So I listed it for $200 later in the summer and managed to sell it for $150 the next day (which means I made a $90 profit on it). After doing more research I found the perfect 8 in 1 little tykes play structure for $100 - which means I paid $10 for it) and the toddler LOVES it and plays with it every day.

I love getting awesome deals because when it comes time to resell I've often been able to get a good chunk of that money back if not all of it, and sometimes an occasional profit! I love craigslist!
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote