Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2013, 07:16 AM   #1
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Any ever try Amanda Bennett Unit Studies?

We are ready to start our unit on Botany however the weather here has still be a bit cold so now I"m scrambling to find something to do in the mean time. I was looking at the Amanda Bennett Space unit. It is a 4 week unit which would work out just about perfect time wise for us. This would be for ages 5, 9 and 11. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I really don't have time to order anything or spend more than $20. I do have quite a few Space/Astronomy books here at home to add to it.

Advertisement

Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
leilalily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any ever try Amanda Bennett Unit Studies?

We did that exact unit. I did it with my 10 year olds and even my 3 year olds did some of it (I geared it down for them, of course). We loved it. It is all laid out, day by day. She includes a list of books to get from the library. There are projects you can do. My girls took a full size white sheet (that I got from Goodwill) and drew the solar system on it (correctly) and added a bunch of space/astronomy facts all over it. They liked it so much we hung it up.

It was my second favorite unit study of hers that we have done (after an Elections one that we did around Election time...it was so fun!)

For extras, we got a telescope and took a field trip to a planetarium. I also had an Usborne book that I paired with the unit study. (Like this -- http://www.usborne.com/catalogue/catalogue.aspx?id=3835)

I also bought these from her: Horses, Dolphins, and Oceans. We haven't done them yet.