Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #11
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Trained at night already???

DS was night trained as soon as he was potty trained. There was the occasional oops ... like 3 times or so ? Once he was tired and I didn't make him go potty before bed.

DD is NOT potty trained during the day... But she hardly ever wets at night. If she does, she wakes up, pees, and wants to be changed. (She is 20 months.) If I'm fast enough in the morning, she'll pee in the potty & her nighttime diaper gets put back on her! If she wakes up & plays in her crib before I hear her... she wets it.

I think each kid is different.

Advertisement

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #12
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Wow some really encouraging news! I guess it's silly but I thought *all* kids didn't night train until they were way older.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #13
joyfullyliving
Registered Users
seller

A couple things I learned from the book "oh crap potty training" are: watch their fluid intake before bed and you can get them up in the middle of the night (not fully awake) and have them sit on the potty. (He's a boy so that may not be the way he goes.) I brought the potty chair in to my newly turned 3yr old's room for a few nights. Since then she's only wet a couple times when she drank a lot before bed.
SAHM to S 10/09 and A 8/11 and expecting #3 1/14 and wife to my

Blessed. Thankful.
joyfullyliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #14
cpamamma
Registered Users
seller

Yeah they are all different. My DD woke up dry the first time before she turned one, and has been consistently dry for months before we PT'd her. Now she can sleep in undies and will wake up and ask for the potty on the rare occasion. She is 28 months old.
cpamamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:29 AM   #15
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter day and night trained at 23 months. Within 2 weeks she was dry all the time. I expected her to be in a night diaper for at least another 6 months but after noticing her diaper was dry for about a week, she was holding it in all night... i figured what the heck. So we ditched the diapers altogether. She had a few accidents but no worries.

DD2 was also day and night trained before 2.5. So... why not?
Old 03-22-2013, 06:05 AM   #16
mommy2sammy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ds was night trained at the same time as day, much like yours, but went through a period of bed wetting that lasted over a year. When he wore a pull up, he never wet, just undies, he wet every night. At almost 5 I think he's done, he has been in undies at night for a month or so. So, we did have a major night regression, but he seems to now be done. Fwiw, he is a very deep sleeper!
Old 06-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #17
Earthy Crunchy Mama
Registered Users
seller

My son was night trained by 10 months old. I think you are ok to just do jamies.
Earthy Crunchy Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #18
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'd put a chux under his sheets with another layer of sheets under, so if he does wet the bed, you just rip off the top layer. Then I'd let him sleep pull up free.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #19
jasminegrl
Registered Users

my DD has been night trained basically since sh started potty learning at 3. However i do have a full size twin water proof liner over her whole mattress and then a crib size water proof pad under where she sleeps, she always wakes up dry but i don't want to take the chance with her mattress.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #20
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
All of my kids have day and night trained at the same time and they were all 100% trained in two days. They decided when they were ready and they were 2.9ys, 3.11ys and 2.3ys, respectively. Dd is 22 months and probably will train this summer.

When they stayed dry for a week straight (which happened immediately for us) I stopped the nighttime diapering and never went back. I think each kid is different, yours may be ready now!

And congrats on the prospect of only one in diapers, that sure changes things doesn't it!

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote