Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
KatieGrace
Registered Users
Formerly: katiebelle
seller
seller

My Mood:
Tell me about the Foonf!

I'm looking into getting a Nextfit for my car, but if it doesn't work out, I'm thinking of the Foonf. My son is 12 months and 20 lbs and in size 18 month clothing and I'd love him RFing as long as possible, but at least until 4. Our seat will likely be installed behind the driver's side. I have a 2012 Honda CR-V. Has anyone ever tried this seat in a CR-V before? Is it a comfy seat? Easy to use? I'd love to know more about the pros/cons of the Foonf! Thank you!!

Advertisement

https://www.facebook.com/kimberlyajones.origamiowl
KatieGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Tell me about the Foonf!

The Foonf is not the easiest to use seat. Once you get it put together for RF mode (PITA!) by installing the RF foot and ARB, then the install isn't so bad. The manual is poorly written, you have to flip back and forth between sections and you have to check the contents each time because they don't give you a page number when they tell you to refer to x section. Supposedly they are redoing the manual based on the complaints about it. My advice is to get Post-It flags. I feel that for the price and how long it took to come out, they could have done a little better with this seat.

I LOVE the NextFit. I can't see how anyone wouldn't love it. It fits in small spaces well. I have installed it in the 3rd row of my Explorer and behind the driver in a Jetta and it fit easily in both with room to spare. The LATCH install is the easiest install you will find outside of Evenflo's SureLATCH.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Stop it with the NextFit! I really want one. We have enough seats, with an extra XTSL in the garage, and DS is turning 4 and will booster in the next 2 years, so DH won't let me buy one.

But...if someone were to tap any of the cars necessitating new seats, it would be the first one on my list.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
KatieGrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I really, really want the Nextfit but I am a little nervous about the harness straps being too close together once the child is bigger...I've seen some people complain about that. I appreciate the Foonf feedback. I like the seat OK, but really want the Nextfit to work!! Has anyone here tried an older kid in it to see how the harness fits on their necks??
Old 03-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I felt a Foonf at Buy Buy Baby and it didn't seem to have too much padding. It could be really comfortable, but I didn't see it. I was a bit disappointed by that aspect.

I don't know anything about Nextfit.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #6
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieGrace View Post
I really, really want the Nextfit but I am a little nervous about the harness straps being too close together once the child is bigger...I've seen some people complain about that. I appreciate the Foonf feedback. I like the seat OK, but really want the Nextfit to work!! Has anyone here tried an older kid in it to see how the harness fits on their necks??
My friend's giant 2 year old hasn't complained so far. He's about the same size as my 50th percentile 3 year old and has less growing room in his Radian than DS.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

If I had the funds I'd love a Foonf..well until I saw one IRL. It's really huge and I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. Your kiddo isn't big for his age, maybe tall but not big. I think the only way I'd get a Foonf is if I had a huge car and huge kid but even then there are other seats that could get a big kid to at least 3.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #8
KatieGrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks!! I think I'm gonna get the Nextfit and hopefully the harness will be fine later!