Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #11
crystallion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Look what I did today: Boys Room (pics)

Good job, mama!

Advertisement

crystallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #12
I_am_Blessed
Registered Users
Formerly: Beth's_Mommy
seller
seller

That looks great! I purged our kids playroom a couple weeks ago, and I feel like it needs to be redone already. I believe toys mulitply when I am not paying attention.

Mama to 3, soon-to-be-4

I_am_Blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #13
epanouie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf
I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at the before pictures. LOL!

But the after looks great! There's nothing like a trashed room to make you realize how much is left. No real suggestions, just some of the same stuff you said you were going to go tonight. Post pics of tomorrow.
My thoughts exactly! You are doing an amazing job, mama!
epanouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #14
MiniLambMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Great job, Mamma!
MiniLambMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:26 AM   #15
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think you did a great job. I second the rubbermaid drawers going in the closet. They are so handy (we have lots of rubbermaid totes and some drawwrs) but they are not very pleasant to look at so i try to keep them out of sight. Other than that i think it looka great. For home showing, do you have the paint color you put on the walls to cover up the patch work you did? I have a couple rooms the same way and need to touch up paint (we wre about to list our house to sell too).
Old 03-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #16
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You did a fantastic job. If you weren't selling I'd say you are done.

Totally agree put away the trophies and medals for now. And the sports banner and rug. It sounds stupid but those are the silly things that can cloud a emotional decision (I need a girly bedroom, not a boys' room, and I'm not open-minded enough to see the potential past all this sport stuff, for example). And agree the drawers need to go in the closet - people are not going to know there is 3 kids' clothes in that room, they will assume there is not enough storage for one. Also, if it is possible, put solid colored blankets or bedspreads on the beds to keep the pattern/designs out of a buyer's mind when judging the room.

LOVE the suggestion about empty suitcases. I would totally take everything off that desk with the hutch on it and put them all in there. Again, if you had a buyer who had no kids, or kids past the toy stage, it would be difficult for them to envision that room as something else. You can make it part of their temporary daily routine to put everything away in the suitcases so cleanup is even easier.

I had to list a house with three kids under 6 in it - I know how hard it is. The more taste-specific decor and kids' stuff you can remove from view, the faster it will sell. Good luck mama!
Old 03-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #17
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You did a fantastic job. If you weren't selling I'd say you are done.

Totally agree put away the trophies and medals for now. And the sports banner and rug. It sounds stupid but those are the silly things that can cloud a emotional decision (I need a girly bedroom, not a boys' room, and I'm not open-minded enough to see the potential past all this sport stuff, for example). And agree the drawers need to go in the closet - people are not going to know there is 3 kids' clothes in that room, they will assume there is not enough storage for one. Also, if it is possible, put solid colored blankets or bedspreads on the beds to keep the pattern/designs out of a buyer's mind when judging the room.

LOVE the suggestion about empty suitcases. I would totally take everything off that desk with the hutch on it and put them all in there. Again, if you had a buyer who had no kids, or kids past the toy stage, it would be difficult for them to envision that room as something else. You can make it part of their temporary daily routine to put everything away in the suitcases so cleanup is even easier.

I had to list a house with three kids under 6 in it - I know how hard it is. The more taste-specific decor and kids' stuff you can remove from view, the faster it will sell. Good luck mama!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #18
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

It looks great!!

I'd get rid of some more clothes, in the Rubbermaid and the closet. Probably sift through the toys again, and I'd consider getting rid of the trophies. Or at least the ones they get just for participation.
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote