Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #11
MommyZ of 2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We moved ds 1 to a toddler bed after hearing a loud thump when he climbed out around 2. We moved ds 2 at about 18 months when he was saying he was tired, and then climbed into his crib, by himself, and went to sleep. We were like," where is Tyler?", then we found him asleep in the crib!
It took a few days of them getting up and us putting them back in bed before it wasn't an issue.
If your child is trying to get out ( or in!) of the crib, move them to a toddler bed. Some kids never try to get out, and I know friends that have 3+ yr olds in cribs still. Conversely, some 1yr olds are trying to climb out, and they could get hurt. If you think it may be time, you're probably right.

Advertisement

MommyZ of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #12
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: When to move to a toddler bed?

I moved my kids at 15months, 27 months and 19 months. They all transitioned fine.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #13
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: When to move to a toddler bed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby View Post
ODD moved to a toddler bed at 15 months and DS at 2 1/2. YDD is 20 months and I think I will move her in a few weeks. With ODD and DS they both did not stay in bed but they didn't leave their room. They would play around or get out the books and then they would go to sleep. I didn't mind as long as they fell asleep within a certain time frame (not staying up for hours).
This is how my kids are. as long as they are quiet playing they can stay up in their room. they are all usually asleep within 20 minutes anyways.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote