Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #11
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: My DD's face

Just took my 8 week old in for her check up. I was concerned that she always held her head to the right. She can turn her head to the left. Thought it might be toricollis and I asked Dr to check.

Dr. said it wasn't torticollis because she can turn it to the left. If it were torticollis, she would not have been able to do it.

He said it was a preference she was developing not a physical issue. Not uncommon but should be watched to avoid deforming skull.

That said, he did advise to do tummy time, hold her in ways that make her want to look the other way, change the side of the crib we put her down on, etc. All things to encourage her to look in the non-prefered side.

Advertisement

AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #12
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just took my 8 week old in for her check up. I was concerned that she always held her head to the right. She can turn her head to the left. Thought it might be toricollis and I asked Dr to check.

Dr. said it wasn't torticollis because she can turn it to the left. If it were torticollis, she would not have been able to do it.

He said it was a preference she was developing not a physical issue. Not uncommon but should be watched to avoid deforming skull.

That said, he did advise to do tummy time, hold her in ways that make her want to look the other way, change the side of the crib we put her down on, etc. All things to encourage her to look in the non-prefered side.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #13
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Old 03-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #14
birdie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli View Post
Hmmm, I'm googling torticollis and I don't think DD has that. When we sit her up, she can definitely hold her head up straight. I'm not very familiar with torticollis, so I might be wrong.

ETA: And yes, I will most certainly bring it up at her next appt!
Dd2 had a slight case she could hold her up on her own but it still somewhat looked like she was slouchy. I noticed it from day 1 and kept After the pedi and finally at 4 months we were recommended to therapy. It was slight but enough where you can feel the tightness and I would do massages and work with her, she only did therapy every week and a half. She is the one in my profile pic, you can see how it kind of tilts and it doesn't help that she doesn't have a neck. Lol. She still walked before 10 months but had a bit of balance issues. The way you describe your dd sounds a lot like mine. Good luck and hope you figure it out. Oh and when you google torticollis they really only show severe cases.