Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
eflannery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
could really use some encouragement!

I am 39 weeks today. My due date is the 28th.

Physically I'm doing great for 39 weeks. No major aches or pains, other than heartburn and nausea I'm doing well.

But mentally I'm DONE.

I know that pregnancy is 40+ weeks, and I know that the longer baby is in the better off he or she is. I know of this logically. But I can't get over the anxious "I CAN'T WAIT, HURRY UP!" feeling.

This mixed with everyone saying "OMG you haven't had that baby yet" and ladies in my FB mommy group with scheduled c-sections and early inductions (I'm the last to deliver).... these is not helping! And since I am feeling so good, it literally feels like I will be pregnant FOREVER which is so discouraging.

So I came here. Can you ladies please knock some sense into me and remind me that this is a GOOD thing???

TIA!

Advertisement

Mama to Regan Louise Born July 5, 2007
and Quinn Annmarie : Born March 30th, 2013
Baby #3 expected to arrive June 14th, 2015!
eflannery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #2
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: could really use some encouragement!

as much as I'm "done" being pregnant, I wish that i could wait to go into labor on my own..

I only went into labor one time on my own which was my emergency c-section with my
2nd child (was induced with my 1st, and had c-section with my 3rd).

I sincerely believe in the protective health benefits of the baby triggering labor...my son doen't have any food allergies/allergies, but my girls have both been very allergic to several different foods and I sometimes wonder about the lack of going into labor having anything to do with it?

Either way...it is good for your baby to come on their own...plus you get the excitement of "I'm in labor!!!"

your baby will be here soon!!
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

Maybe not encouragement but I totally know how you are feeling. It doesn't help that DS was born at 37w6d. So I keep thinking, every morning, that today will be the day. And I am overanalyzing every single twinge and TMI WARNING checking the toilet every time I go for mucus plug. Because the time I don't check, it will be there. But UGH, it never is. In my mind, I'm in a race with about 3 other mommies on a FB mommy group too. And word on the nausea! I didn't know it could get this bad. Seriously.

Anyways, our babies will arrive when they will arrive. But it's nice to know I'm not the only one feeling so done. Just mentally done.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #4
eflannery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG I've been doing the exact same things! It makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one. Honestly I've never spent more time analyzing my body and bodily functions. LOL!!

And yeah, my dd was born 10 days early, so when the 18th came and went I was SO bummed!

But happymama1 you are right - the longer in here the better. And there likely are health benefits to allowing labor to start naturally. That's what I have to keep reminding myself!

Old 03-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I totally understand. My EDD isn't until April 1, but I was checked at my 36 week appt and was 4cm and 75% effaced so I never thought I would make it this long. I kept telling myself that we would go around the 13th but that obviously didn't happen. I have had 3 cases of false labor 1 of which I totally thought baby was coming (this past Monday) and after my 37 week check I had a ton of bloody show for 3 days- now I wonder if I lost my mucus plug (has it grown back?) or was it just from the exam?

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #6
eflannery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had something similar with my dd. Unfortunately it didn't make labor go any sooner or faster - sorry!! I was 5cm the appt before I went into labor and it was still 48+ hours long and I needed pitocin in the end.

Not saying that will happen to you, its just not guaranteed that you'll go early or fast. That's not the helpful, is it?

GL though everyone with your deliveries!!

Old 03-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #7
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

Luckily no false labor here. I think I would have a meltdown if I thought little miss was on her way and it was a no-go. They don't check for dilation here until your 39 week appointment and I told them that I hoped I didn't see them then b/c I wanted to have a baby instead but I'm not feeling too optimistic about it. So we will see next week if I'm dilated or not.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #8
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

mama.

I had NO indication that I was going into labor when my labor started. I'd been having prodromal labor for about 1 week, already lost my mucous plug DAYS before, and generally, I felt pretty darn good. Physically, I was still pretty comfortable, actually. And like you, that made me really worried that I would be WAAAAAY overdue.

But lo and behold, I went to bed one night and woke up in labor. Maybe that was why it was so hard to believe I was in labor. I'd convinced myself that I would probably still be pregnant at 42 weeks, and I came to terms with that, so that mentally I wasn't as frustrated as I was the past 2 pregnancies.

Maybe you could do the same? Take your due date and add 14 days to it. Then just tell yourself over and over that you *might* very well still be pregnant on that day, and THAT IS OKAY! And make yourself believe that. You can do it.

Also, stay away from any boards or other places where people are gushing over their newborns --- IF those places are making you more impatient. Take a break from it. And don't feel bad!

When people say, "Wow you're STILL pregnant!" Just smile and say "Yup, any day now!" And BELIEVE that.

Your baby WILL come. It will. Not on your time, not on my time, not on your friends/family's time. On its own time, your baby will come.

Enjoy the last few precious days/weeks. Savor every little kick and wiggle, after all, how many times will you get to experience this? Imagine your baby preparing itself to be born, moving a tiny bit lower each day, maybe moving its head into just the right position, sleeping and resting to prepare for birth...

Slow down and enjoy the little things that maybe you've been too distracted to notice. Go on a walk and smell the air, look at the trees, stare at the sky, listen to the birds. (going outside always helped me the most to get centered again - just something about the beautiful outdoors and nature, how life in the natural world carries on without any humans prodding it along, the beauty of it...) If you don't like the outdoors, do something that you DO enjoy that helps you feel like YOU again, something you did before you got pregnant that maybe you haven't done in a really long time. Get a pedicure, get a massage, get a chiro adjustment, get your hair done.... Take some time for yourself to do whatever it is that helps you get your head straight when you are stressed out.

And continually, every single time the thought flies through your brain about wishing the baby could be here, CONSTANTLY - capture that thought and change it. Change it from whatever it is now ("WHY am I still pregnant?!" "I am SO SICK of being pregnant!" "I wish the baby were here already!") to "My baby will come when it is ready." and just make that your new thought process. Remind yourself everyday that your baby WILL come... when it is ready.

Those are the things that helped me when I felt the same way you are feeling. The last few weeks can be so hard.

Last edited by Kiliki; 03-22-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #9
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh I am so annoyed by the "Is the baby here yet?" crap. Seriously, I'm not quite 39 weeks. No she isn't. Get off my back. I will let you know. UGH!!!!

Mentally I've prepared myself for an April baby. Then we would share a birth month, which I think is cute b/c DS and DH share a birth month.