Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #121
dvrgrl38
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmomma View Post
I love reading everyones updates!

I have a question- how are/were your babies size in regards to due dates? I have one that is a week behind my actual due date and the other is two weeks. Non-medical people keep telling me it is nothing to worry about that twins always run small, but my doctors are getting a little worried. I have started the Brewers diet to try and keep everyone fed and happy, but wanted to know what you all think.
Mine were a weeknor two behind also starting somewhere in the 30 weeks... my docs weren't worried because they were still growing and measuring the about the same.

Advertisement

ISO: 1 skein Bear and pants no sleep til Brooklyn
dvrgrl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #122
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Do or did any of you ladies drink protein shakes? I'm thinking that I should be close to my recommended amount of protein if I continue large amounts of milk, peanuts, peanut butter, chicken breast, and eggs. But, I did read that if I'm not getting the high calorie intake, that half of my protein can be used for calories, so I'm trying to eat as much as I can, but healthy. I just DON'T want to put on lots of pounds because my body doesn't carry it well.

Anyone else using protein shakes? I've heard mixed reviews about how good it is for you.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #123
KCmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
The Brewer's diet doesn't recommend it, because they don't contain the best protein combinations. I have also heard they can add too much protein. I am having a HARD time eating everything I need to so I will drink an ensure at the end of the day if I am behind. Blows my mind that I have never had a problem eating and now that I have to eat for 3 I can hardly get an egg down in one sitting.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #124
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily
Do or did any of you ladies drink protein shakes? I'm thinking that I should be close to my recommended amount of protein if I continue large amounts of milk, peanuts, peanut butter, chicken breast, and eggs. But, I did read that if I'm not getting the high calorie intake, that half of my protein can be used for calories, so I'm trying to eat as much as I can, but healthy. I just DON'T want to put on lots of pounds because my body doesn't carry it well.

Anyone else using protein shakes? I've heard mixed reviews about how good it is for you.
I used a hemp protein powder and mixed it into whole milk or other liquids rather than drinking "protein shakes."
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #125
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmomma
The Brewer's diet doesn't recommend it, because they don't contain the best protein combinations. I have also heard they can add too much protein. I am having a HARD time eating everything I need to so I will drink an ensure at the end of the day if I am behind. Blows my mind that I have never had a problem eating and now that I have to eat for 3 I can hardly get an egg down in one sitting.
I'm on the other side of this now and still wake up with a feeling of dread about food until I remember that it's different now. I also don't have the sugar/carb restrictions that I had during pregnancy, so food is so much more enjoyable now. I feel for you, mama. It was so hard.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #126
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmomma
Oh I can sooo relate! Food is just not fun when you're required to eat so much a day. :-/ I haven't been drinking protein shakes, just try my best to get a lot in everyday. Eggs for breakfast, some kind of dairy, meat and cheese at lunch, lean protein for dinner and snacks in between. I sneak it in everywhere I can. Chia seeds in my Greek yogurt is a huge protein boost, nuts, peanut butter or sun butter, etc.

Anyone that wouldn't mind it, please fill out the following so I can add to the first page:

-Name (user & real)
-Due Date or Babies' birth date
-Type of twins (ID or Fraternal)
-Genders (if known)
-Where you're from
For those that have delivered already:
-How far along you were when you delivered
-Anything else you'd like to share *hint, hint, birth story?*

Last edited by kricket24; 03-22-2013 at 06:09 PM.
kricket24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #127
ilovemygirl
Registered Users

My Mood:

Anyone that wouldn't mind it, please fill out the following so I can add to the first page:

-Name (user & real) - ilovemygirl
-Due Date or Babies' birth date - 6/4/13
-Type of twins (ID or Fraternal) - fraternal
-Genders (if known - girls
-Where you're from - NJ
-Anything else you'd like to share *hint, hint, birth story?* [/QUOTE]
ilovemygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #128
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

-Name (user & real) - Leslie aka GEMQEMCABOOSE
-Due Date or Babies' birth date - October 4, 2013
-Type of twins (ID or Fraternal) - didi, fraternal
-Genders (if known) - April 17th we will know hopefully
-Where you're from - Tennessee
-Anything else you'd like to share *hint, hint, birth story?*
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #129
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmomma View Post
Oh I so know what you mean! It's terrible!
Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
I used a hemp protein powder and mixed it into whole milk or other liquids rather than drinking "protein shakes."
This is what I do My personal fav is oj, vanilla icecream, coconut oil, protein powder, cal-mag and oj concentrate. It's the best I can do to get some of the things I need. I've had a hard time w weight gain, and since I have no blood sugar issues they are fine with whatever I can get down. The healthier things made me throw up. If only coffee was a high protein drink!
Old 03-23-2013, 02:06 AM   #130
March
Registered Users
seller

-Name (user & real) - March/Laura
-Due Date or Babies' birth date - March 15
-Type of twins (ID or Fraternal) - Fraternal. They were di/di but obviously we couldn't know if they were MZ or DZ until birth. They look nothing alike and have different blood types.
-Genders (if known) - Girls
-Where you're from - Southwest Louisiana
-How far along you were when you delivered - 38w5d
-Anything else you'd like to share - Planned out of hospital birth throughout pregnancy but ultimately had an elective cesarean due to impaction in a malpresentation.

Last edited by March; 03-23-2013 at 11:19 AM.