Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2013, 06:02 AM   #11
Bellamoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My ds have severe eczema and sensitive skin. We can only use natural fibers on his skin. No pul. We use wool soakers. It really helps the eczema in his diaper area. Also we keep him in 100% cotton clothing to keep it down in other areas

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 07:00 AM   #12
vivid
Registered Users
seller

My daughter has awful eczema, especially around leg openings. It looks kind of like chafing, but it's bad and has been diagnosed as eczema. She can't wear many PUL covers - the outside of the diaper irritates her legs. Flips, Thirsties were bad. She can wear AMP duos because they have fleece openings. Many fitteds don't work because the wet fabric against her legs causes the same irritation. The trimmeat PF fold we use is the bikini twist. It keeps the PF off her legs in the irritated areas. Wool didn't miraculously solve anything for us, it depends what's underneath.
vivid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #13
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Try SoftBums ~ esp Echos, trim/narrow of crotch & no rise snaps. I had this issue with my now 16 mo. It solved our problem completely. I was sad because our stash was all BG before, lol. I had to restash EVERYTHING. I also had some prefolds & wool soakers for backup incase it got bad.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #14
Jenn135
Registered Users
seller

Re: Eczema, diaper irritation, trim prefold folds

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid View Post
My daughter has awful eczema, especially around leg openings. It looks kind of like chafing, but it's bad and has been diagnosed as eczema. She can't wear many PUL covers - the outside of the diaper irritates her legs. Flips, Thirsties were bad. She can wear AMP duos because they have fleece openings. Many fitteds don't work because the wet fabric against her legs causes the same irritation. The trimmeat PF fold we use is the bikini twist. It keeps the PF off her legs in the irritated areas. Wool didn't miraculously solve anything for us, it depends what's underneath.
I think this is similar to our situation, minus the PUL. It just started with the overnight fitteds. What did you use to initially clear it up?

What do you mamas use at night? Fitteds and wool was our "no leak" remedy. We have a heavy wetter.
Jenn135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #15
Jenn135
Registered Users
seller

Re: Eczema, diaper irritation, trim prefold folds

Well, it started with the rise snap but went full blown on both sides with the fitteds. I'm going to make some fleece snap covers and see if that helps prevent next time.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #16
Jenn135
Registered Users
seller

Re: Eczema, diaper irritation, nighttime solution

Bump for nighttime tips! Tired of being in sposies.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #17
Jenn135
Registered Users
seller

Bump still in sposies at night.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #18
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

Try babykicks hemp prefolds for nights. Not the softest things, but with a bikini twist they shouldn't rub against the areas with the rash.

For a softer solution you could try the Thirsties hemp prefolds but you'll need a doubler with those.

How big is your LO?
ltlmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #19
Jenn135
Registered Users
seller

He is almost 20Lbs, super skinny. Ill try the bikini twist at afternoon nap and see how it goes. is there any way to make the prefold "stay dry"? Do you just stick a fleece liner in?