Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #271
Blessed2005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 17th - 23rd

Yeah, I don't see taking a sick kid to the dr unless ABSOLUTELY necessary bc they will probably come home with something worse.....ugh! And everyone knows even for the well appointments you risk something nasty. There's those moms that still take their kids in the well waiting despite the fact that they are running a fever and have bright green snot!

Changing the topic.....I had DH get me another one of those GIANT muffins lol!

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #272
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Our ped isn't a fan of prescribing meds unless necessary. We only take them in if they are in a lot of pain, but both my girls tend to get some pretty nasty ear and sinus infections. We treat DD1s ear infections because her earmolds from her cochlear implants close off her ears and things just fester. I also hate to leave them suffering from bad sinus infections. But they only get antibiotics once or twice a year usually. We definitely use Tylenol and motrin when they are in obvious pain though.

Still no baby, keep thinking I might be going into labor but it's a lie!!! Now DD2 has a snotty nose... probably another cold! Gah!!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #273
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2005 View Post
Yeah, I don't see taking a sick kid to the dr unless ABSOLUTELY necessary bc they will probably come home with something worse.....ugh! And everyone knows even for the well appointments you risk something nasty. There's those moms that still take their kids in the well waiting despite the fact that they are running a fever and have bright green snot!

Changing the topic.....I had DH get me another one of those GIANT muffins lol!
Thats why i love our peds center, two seperate buildings for well and sick kids. i still dont take them very often. Our well visits are always months late:/

~
Yay for muffin!!! Sounds delish. I wanna make cocoa rice crispies today!!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #274
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

party went great - thanks for the well wishes.

Had way too much food, though, of course.. but one thing we don't have to worry about going back around here is fruit and veggies, so no worries there

Have slept like crap the last 2-3 nights. Keep getting congested and can't breathe, so can't sleep. I am hoping that accounts for the 4 LBS I have gained this week. 4 LBS! what the? and tomorrow is my week change, which always gets a lb gain, so it'll be like 5 lbs between my appts. blah blah blah

Also, my 2yo has been waking up at night.. inexplicably... 2 or 3 nights in a row now, I've lost count because it happened in a dream as well. Last night, I am listening to her whine 'ladybug pillow, ladybug pillow!!!!!' and i'm like 'what in the world happened to her pillow? So, go in there, and it's just there... on her side or her lap or whatever... the other night she was whining about 'my bear! my bear' which was......... in her arms. really?

grab her toddler clock and I'm like 'what time is it???' and she's all 'night night time'. and I'm like 'yeah.. so go to sleep!' and she's all cheery now 'music box? turn on my music box?' and I'm trying to decide whether to turn it on or be a mean mom and tell her to shut up and go to sleep... but I turn on the box. Which might have been the wrong decision, because when she wakes up AGAIN, she wants her music box turned on again.

anyways.. everytime she wakes up, I'm awake for 1-2 hours afterwards.

why is my 2yo being a newborn? not cool, kiddo... not cool. You try that tonight and mom is taking the music box off the wall. or something. it's hard to say.

good side to being up? Star is kicking at night these nights.. so, I just lay there and feel that and it's nice. I just hope I don't have 2 kids who can't sleep through the night in a couple weeks. DD has always been a good sleeper (minus a regression here and there) and I'd understand if say... her bear or her pillow was on the floor.. but to drag me in there for no reason?

Last edited by EmilytheStrange; 03-23-2013 at 09:43 AM.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #275
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2005 View Post
There's those moms that still take their kids in the well waiting despite the fact that they are running a fever and have bright green snot
We don't have separate waiting areas - just one big room - but if our kids are sick enough to go to the Dr, they stay in our laps and touch nothing. I hate when sick kids are in there coughing and gagging and wiping their noses... and then playing with the toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
We treat DD1s ear infections because her earmolds from her cochlear implants close off her ears and things just fester.
Never thought about that - definitely requires a bit different treatment protocol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post

Also, my 2yo has been waking up at night.
Glad the party went well!
Levi was up through the night last night too. Drove me crazy. Especially because I was up until 12:30 feeling stressed and anxious about the renos and Hiccup - not that that's Levi's fault, obviously. But darn it, once I was able to sleep I wanted to sleep! for a good nights' sleep for all of us tonight!

AFM: Well, DH is actually getting things started - emptied the room out, emptied cupboards and pulled them off the wall, and DS1 wanted to help out, so he climbed up and ripped the ceiling down Big guy - I made sure to take a pic of him, all masked and glasses, hammer in hand!
I'm feeling like maybe, just maybe it'll get done. Maybe. and and anything else I can think of!

Since I can't help much with that stuff, I'm gonna go through DD's room with her and start weeding stuff out - she's a terrible pack-rat, and I normally just leave it alone, but we'll have to move everything so it's as good a time as any to get everything sorted out.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #276
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Glad your DH is getting busy on the room for you!! Hope it all gets done

We don't have separate well/sick areas, but there's never very many people there. Now the urgent care is a totally different story...uck....
Old 03-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #277
Southern Momma
Registered Users
Formerly: MorrigansMomma
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
DH and I are both clear for STDs!!! Soooooooo relieved....
That's great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
Well when i say down it's still a pretty relative down... I was one 154/90 at the OBs office (160/90 Monday) and 150/85 when I got home. Actually I'm ok with the idea of induction over all... I know there's a lot of negatives to it. But the knowing it's coming and being able to plan is actually big relief. Especially now that i know he'll be 37 weeks for sure. And well I'm ready to stop feeling like a giant Easter egg.

I am looking forward to the shower... even if my cousins can't keep their hands to themselves. (I never did find a t-shirt saying don't touch) But I'll be sitting most of the time anyway which should somewhat limit belly access. I've made it clear to my mom and sister that while people can know about the BP issues it is not being made public that I'm being induced on Tuesday. So people will likely be freaking out anytime I try and get up an do anything knowing this group.
Even though we are doing things differently this time, I understand the relief from knowing it's coming and being able to plan. That's how I was with DD. I was so stressed out with DD about everything. I found it a great relief and was able to relax once we had an induction date.

I hope you have fun at your shower! I hope folks will keep their hands to themselves and the induction date will be kept secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Slept much better last night!! My hips are less achy too.
Yay for sleep and less achy hips! I hope that continues for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Glad to hear the party went well

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
AFM: Well, DH is actually getting things started - emptied the room out, emptied cupboards and pulled them off the wall, and DS1 wanted to help out, so he climbed up and ripped the ceiling down Big guy - I made sure to take a pic of him, all masked and glasses, hammer in hand!
I'm feeling like maybe, just maybe it'll get done. Maybe. and and anything else I can think of!

Since I can't help much with that stuff, I'm gonna go through DD's room with her and start weeding stuff out - she's a terrible pack-rat, and I normally just leave it alone, but we'll have to move everything so it's as good a time as any to get everything sorted out.
I know you're relieved to have things started!

AFM: Just got a call that urine test was fine, some protein but not enough to worry about. Yay! I've been having contractions all morning long. Ranging degrees of intensity. I'm trying to get the house in order but it seems like the more I do the more there is to be done. Ugh. My goal is to at least get the laundry done!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #278
Southern Momma
Registered Users
Formerly: MorrigansMomma
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD's doc office doesn't have a separate sick room, it drives me nuts. I keep her away from the sick kids as much as possible, we bring books to look at so she doesn't have to touch their stuff and we wash our hands, A LOT! DD has only required antibiotics twice; once when she was 3 for an ear infection (bullous myringitis) and once when she was 4 for pneumonia. I told her doc early on that we prefer not to use antibiotics and he has been supportive of that. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I have been on antibiotics...hmm. Over 10 years.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #279
mollyj931
Registered Users
seller
seller

My office has a well/sick seperate rooms too. Growing up/living with a medical family though- I am always reminded of how gross clinics/hospitals are so I am always washing her hands during/after/before (and I am far from a germ freak). Leah has been on antibiotics 3x for ear infections.
I have never taken her in for ear infection specifically though-they are caught during well child exams or when I thought she had pink eye-she shows NO symptoms of ear infections and the doc is always like "oh, its close to rupture"... huh?!? I always feel like the worst mom, but she never shows symptoms!
Last summer she reacted really badly to the antibiotic she was on-hives EVERYWHERE! Of course it was on the 4th of July and when we took her temp and got 105 we had no choice, but to take her to the ER. It was just a surface temp and the dr. wasn't overly concerned, but I freaked out when it came out that high.

Glad the party went well! I always have too much food too.

for kids not sleeping! My 2 year old has been doing that too. "MOM, bunny!!"- I go in there and it's 2 inches from her hand. Just look for it! I really can't complain much though-she has made such a good transition to her big girl bed-praying it continues when baby arrives!

Dug a dress out of my closet for a wedding tonight. Not sure I look the best in it, but at this point, I don't care!

Have a good rest of the weekend ladies!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #280
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

My 3 year old is waking up every night around 2 am. WILL NOT go back to sleep without laying down with someone. Since DD2s in her room now we have to keep her quiet, DD2s s light sleeper. And we can't reason with her because she doesn't wear her cochlear to bed. Ugh!!! I want to go to the hospital just to sleep!!!!