Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
March Chat

Just a place to put whatever is happening this month, doesn't have to be pregnancy related.

Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 06:47 AM   #2
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: March Chat

And the morning sickness has officially begun...aughhh. My last two I only had one month of morning sickness an not until my 4th month, I am thinking this is gonna be a rough pregnancy. (but the symptoms are always reassuring)
Old 03-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #3
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjslater1
And the morning sickness has officially begun...aughhh. My last two I only had one month of morning sickness an not until my 4th month, I am thinking this is gonna be a rough pregnancy. (but the symptoms are always reassuring)
I know what you mean about reassuring!

AFM: I've got some sickness and my boobs are killing me! We've decided not to tell the kids until 25 or 30 weeks. Preferably we wouldn't tell them until the baby is born alive but they need to be a tad bit prepared. We might tell the oldest in a couple weeks.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
duck411
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm dying to tell our 2 DD's.... but... I know as soon as I do, they will run straight to their grandparents to tell them and I don't think I'm ready for that yet.... I'm getting more comfortable with being pregnant and less nervous... ive finally stopped peeing on sticks to see how dark the lines are getting.... now that they are as dark as the control line... but like ya said - the nausea and all is reassuring! lol. i'm currently waiting on midwives to get back to me to find out if one of them is available and willing to travel to me for our first homebirth. 1st dd's birth was an induction at 40w4d, 2nd was all natural hospital birth with a doula at 41 weeks. In the meantime, chowing down on broccoli and bagel bites.
Celia -Wife to Garrett. WAHM to Reese (5) & Brooke (3). EDD for #3 11-17-2013.
duck411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Feeling good here, as far as ms goes. I've had a couple of slightly queasy moments (mostly when I'm really hungry), but other than that I'm feeling good...just SOOO TIRED!!! I just want to sleep all day. Not much chance with my three little peeps to look after, though.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really want an ultrasound already...I don't think I will feel totally pregnant til I see a little baby in there Last time I didn't get in til 14weeks so looks I got a long wait.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #7
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjslater1
I really want an ultrasound already...I don't think I will feel totally pregnant til I see a little baby in there Last time I didn't get in til 14weeks so looks I got a long wait.
The waiting is no fun!!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
duck411
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjslater1 View Post
I know what you mean! lol

I'm still trying to lay out a plan for prenatal care/delivery. I've got 1 midwife willing to travel to my home for a homebirth, doing prenatal care in her office, 1 hour away, and she's $4000, which includes 1 3-D ultrasound to do a gender scan only. I don't know where I'll find the extra $ for her, because I can really only afford about $2000. I thought that would be enough, because the last MW I consulted with was $1200-1800. Now, where am I gonna find that extra $!?

The hospitals and OB care around here is TERRIBLE. You can go 9 months getting prenatal care from a CNM but they won't let them deliver, and then even if you use an OB, only if they are the one on-call will they deliver your baby. And only 1 of em is pro-natural birth. The others are buttholes. Seriously. Two of em called a friend of mine stupid for not wanting drugs. To her face! In labor!

I'm contemplating OB prenatal care and unassisted homebirth. DH isn't totally on board tho. Other option is a birthing center, but it's an hour from us. And I'm still not comfortable with that. I WANT A HOME BIRTH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm emotional and nauseous. :P
Celia -Wife to Garrett. WAHM to Reese (5) & Brooke (3). EDD for #3 11-17-2013.
duck411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #9
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck411 View Post
I know what you mean! lol

I'm still trying to lay out a plan for prenatal care/delivery. I've got 1 midwife willing to travel to my home for a homebirth, doing prenatal care in her office, 1 hour away, and she's $4000, which includes 1 3-D ultrasound to do a gender scan only. I don't know where I'll find the extra $ for her, because I can really only afford about $2000. I thought that would be enough, because the last MW I consulted with was $1200-1800. Now, where am I gonna find that extra $!?

:P
I wonder why the price is so different. I would think they should offer more than just gender scan, an ultrasound to check other stuff seems like it would be necessary? (I would go with the birth center just in case, but I am kind of a worry wart)

We are moving in two months so it is screwing up our healthcare and insurance, I am trying to decide whether to wait to see a doctor till June once we move or just do one visit here. It seems like it will be a hassle to switch everything over a month later. But then again I will have gone 5 months without seeing anyone which scares me a bit.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
Recycling Babies
Registered Users
Formerly: VeganLove
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck411 View Post

My midwife costs $3,400. That is for prenatal at her office and a homebirth and 3 postnatal visits. $1,200-$1,800 sounds really low, but I guess it depends on where you live? I am sorry you are stressed about birthing plans. I hope you will be able to find the funds to get the homebirth you want.

It really, really sucks that the majority of OBs are so against natural birth. It drives me crazy. I had to transfer with the birth of my first, and thank goodness the one local pro-natural OB was on call. He let me deliver vaginally. I was so scared about ending up with a c-section. Baby girl number 2 was a successful homebirth, so I am hoping an praying baby #3 is the same.
We don't have the maternity rider on our insurance, so if I end up having to transfer to the hospital we will be stuck with a huge bill.

I am 8 weeks today. All day nausea and fatigue started three weeks ago and I am so over it already. Ugh. Counting the weeks till the end of the first trimester when things usually get better for me.