Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #21
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
My Mood:
Originally Posted by kitkatkc
So, with limited shopping available, I was able to find a really pretty heart pendant with a rose and some pearls, and also a locket. I am going to try to print a picture of Jake for her to put in it, but I don't know if I will have access to a printer before she is discharged from the hospital tomorrow.
I am thinking that I will give her the locket and send her a picture.

Baby Jake is doing ok, but having a few problems with detox. They are on the fence right now about whether they should move him to the NICU. He is tiny, not quite 5lbs. Either my husband or I have been with him 24/7. We are trying to figure out how to get him covered on our insurance before the adoption is legally completed, since medical bills will probably be high. If he has to be in NICUfor a long period, we are hoping to transfer him closer to home, we are currently a 10 hour drive from home, and we can't keep the other kids here indefinitely.

I am feeling pretty stressed out right now with all the legal stuff... It makes my head spin, and I am just hoping that we can go home soon. It is an out of state adoption, so I guess there are days of court stuff to get through.
Your insurance plan should explicitly state whether or not it covers adoption. Is birthmom on Medicaid? If so, jake should be considered on it as well right now and if your insurance won't cover him before finalization he should be able to stay on Medicaid until then.

The legal stuff will be fine. Try to relax and focus on jake. Our adoption was put of state too. You are waiting on ICPC to clear which is the document that says you can take him across state lines to your home state. It doesn't generally take too long if your lawyer gets it filed right away.

Married to Scott and Mama to Evelyn (5) Annabelle (3) and Abraham (1)

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #22
My Mood:
Re: gift for BM?

How is it going?
IHA: books, fabric, lots of new baby clothes, toys
ISO: Amazon codes, Paypal or Gift Cards
PoshPants is offline   Reply With Quote