Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
Jenyquintero17
Registered Users
seller

Just need to vent

My doctor goes on Vacation tomorrow and my due date is the 29th. Yesterday at my appointment he said I was like a 1. I asked him when he would be back from vacation and he just said "after you have the baby" but I guess his vacation is 10 days so that only calculates to 2 days past my due date so I don't know why he thinks he will be gone still... I don't know I'm just stressing. It doesn't helo that my husband's grandparents have been in town since the 17th waiting for the baby to arrive because they have never missed a birth and I didn't want anyone in the hospital waiting because it stresses me out! They aren't nagging or being annoying or asking when is the baby coming but just the thought of knowing that they are here waiting and I'm in a sense holding them up.

Advertisement

Jenyquintero17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
My ob did that vacation thing before my oldest & then 2 days after edd I had her. I was stressing as it was my first. Then he said oh I will be here for third then like month before oh I'm vacationing as his daughter is due with another & edd was his bday. Baby boy thankfully came 4 days early for ob to be herealthough he had to rearrange his schedule of meetingsto be able tobe there as baby was 9pounds & natural without rips during the morning ob has meetings being a partner of my clinic! Yea:-)
Old 03-23-2013, 04:02 AM   #3
Jenyquintero17
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
My ob did that vacation thing before my oldest & then 2 days after edd I had her. I was stressing as it was my first. Then he said oh I will be here for third then like month before oh I'm vacationing as his daughter is due with another & edd was his bday. Baby boy thankfully came 4 days early for ob to be herealthough he had to rearrange his schedule of meetingsto be able tobe there as baby was 9pounds & natural without rips during the morning ob has meetings being a partner of my clinic! Yea:-)
Wow thanks for sharing your story! My first was 2 weeks late so if this baby is stubborn as well then I think he should be back in time Haha I hope his partner isn't going to try to push for induction because my doctor knew I wanted all natural!
Old 03-23-2013, 05:24 AM   #4
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Re: Just need to vent

Would you have your OB deliver you if he was here? Our hospital has about 10 or 12 doctors and they all rotate who deleivers what day -- so about 90% of the time you are not going to get your doctor anyways (unless it was a scheduled c-section).

I just would not tell any family when you are having the baby or when you go in - just wait until he/she is here then call them Say it all happened so fast you did not have time - they will be happy they have a baby to cuddle with!
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
Jenyquintero17
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryMama View Post
Would you have your OB deliver you if he was here? Our hospital has about 10 or 12 doctors and they all rotate who deleivers what day -- so about 90% of the time you are not going to get your doctor anyways (unless it was a scheduled c-section).

I just would not tell any family when you are having the baby or when you go in - just wait until he/she is here then call them Say it all happened so fast you did not have time - they will be happy they have a baby to cuddle with!
Oh my goodness that's a lot of OBs in rotation. If my OB was in town he would come and deliver my baby no matter the time or if he was on call or not. Its a benefit of living in a small town I guess haha. He is really nice. His vacation starts today so my luck baby will come today! Haha

I would feel slightly guilty if I lied. Especially if my labor isn't quick haha with my daughter I was in the hospital laboring for 4 days because I wanted to do ot naturally and they wouldn't send me know because I was past due. I mean his grandparents are so sweet and they keep reminding me that they have never missed a birth! They don't have to be in the room (thank God) whem I'm birthing they just have always been in the hospital during each birth. I know it means a lot to them so unless it truly does get to chaotic then I'll probably tell them but ask that they don't tell anyone until AFTER the baby is here.