Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #131
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

-Name (user & real): bai18176 - Brook
-Due Date or Babies' birth date-4/20/13
-Type of twins (ID or Fraternal) - di/di, will know after birth if id or frat
-Genders (if known)- girls
-Where you're from- southern Oregon
For those that have delivered already:
-How far along you were when you delivered
-Anything else you'd like to share *hint, hint, birth story?*

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #132
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

-Name (user & real) - Rachel aka MyKzooFamily
-Due Date or Babies' birth date - October 14, 2013 (hoping to get to 9/16 36w. They will induce me on 9/30 at 38w if I get that far.)
-Type of twins (ID or Fraternal) - Won't know until 20w U/S
-Genders (if known) - We will know end of May
-Where you're from - Michigan
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #133
KCmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
-Name (user & real) - KCMomma/ Lesa
-Due Date or Babies' birth date- 08/16/13 due date
-Type of twins (ID or Fraternal)- fraternal
-Genders (if known)- B/G
-Where you're from- Currently in CO

Last edited by KCmomma; 03-23-2013 at 02:53 PM.
KCmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #134
March
Registered Users
seller

I've never had such sleeeeeepy babies! They're back to birth weight, they pee and poop a ton, but boy howdy do they SLEEP! Fortunately they sleep well next to each other in our crib just as we'll as they do in the swing and rock n play. I cannot wait to heal more (my abdomen is covered in a rash) so I can wear them!
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #135
dvrgrl38
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

-Name (user & real) - ALISON aka dvrgrl38
-Due Date or Babies' birth date - BORN 3/8/23
-Type of twins (ID or Fraternal) - FRATERNAL DI DI TWINS
-Genders (if known - 1 BOY 1 GIRL
-Where you're from - MONTANA
For those that have delivered already:
-How far along you were when you delivered. 35WEEKS 2DAYS
Birth story- HAD BEEN HAVING IRREGULAR CONTRACTIONS OFF AND ON FOR 3DSYS OR SO NEVER MORE THAN AN HOUR OR TWO ATVA TIME AND 15-20 MIN APART. AT ABOUT MIDNIGHT THEY GOYNMORE PAINFUL AND BY 2AM WERE 5-10 MIN APART. I DROVE MYSRLF TO OUR LOCAL HOSPITAL AND GOT CHECKED. THEN DH AND MY OTHER KIDS PICKED ME UP AND WE DROVE 1HR 20MIN TO a BIGGER HOSPITWL WITH A NICU TO DELIVER. GOT CHECKED SND DELIVERED BOTH BABES AT 6:45AM VIA C SEC. BABY GIRL HAD A PARTIAL PLACENTA ABRUPTION. BOTH BABES WENT TO THE NICU AND BABY BOY GOT DISCHARGED TODAY AFTER 15 DAYS. BABY GIRL IS STILL ADMITTED AND HAS ABOUT A WEEK TO GO HERE. BIRTH WEIGHT FOR GIRL WAS 5 LB AND FOR BOY WAS 4 lb 8 oz.

ISO: 1 skein Bear and pants no sleep til Brooklyn
dvrgrl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:37 AM   #136
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When is the most 'important' time to get the calories and protein? I just ordered Nutiva Hemp Protein, and plan on mixing that into milk and shakes soon. I know that the Brewer Diet says 4,000 calories per day, and 150g protein. The last week, I have only had about 400 calories, and probably 20g protein. I just have no desire to eat, and already feel 'full' almost all the time. I'm going to hard boil some eggs, and we have lots of organic hamburger and chicken breasts I can make for dinner.

Is the 4,000 calories for later in pregnancy? Or for the whole pregnancy? I couldn't really find any info. on the Brewer Diet website, so I'm assuming it's from conception to delivery.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #137
March
Registered Users
seller

The whole pregnancy. I'm small, so they adjusted me to 3,000 calories and bumped me to 4,000 now that I'm recovering and breastfeeding. I use the Lose It app for iPhone to count everything.

The force-feeding was miserable. I still hate food. But it has to be the reason a 5'0, small-framed woman could carry 12 lbs of baby to at least 38+5 (and who knows when labor would have started since we planned a cesarean in the end).

Last edited by March; 03-25-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:59 AM   #138
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
The whole pregnancy. I'm small, so they adjusted me to 3,000 calories and bumped me to 4,000 now that I'm recovering and breastfeeding. I use the Lose It app for iPhone to count everything.

The force-feeding was miserable. I still hate food. But it has to be the reason a 5'0, small-framed woman could carry 12 lbs of baby to at least 38+5 (and who knows when labor would have started since we planned a cesarean in the end).
Thank you! I don't have an Iphone, but it looks like there are some other fitness apps like CalorieCounter by MyFitnessPal that does the same thing with barcode scanning and it can find most products and add them for you.

Great idea because it's difficult for me to figure out how many I have had, so this will help tremendously. I didn't know you needed to stay at the same amount of calories for breastfeeding, too, or is it more? I am so nervous and anxious about making it full term, I'll do whatever I can, but I agree, the force feeding it pretty awful. I've never hated food in previous pregnancies!

Would they have let you go longer than 38+5? My DR told me from my very first appointment that they will not let me get past 38. They said the placentas break down earlier than singleton pregnancies, so they will induce right at 38 if I make it that far. Hoping to at least make 36. I have a friend that went to 34, and her kids were okay, but had about 2 weeks of NICU time and still have some issues she thinks link back to their prematurity (asthma and reflux).
Old 03-25-2013, 07:18 AM   #139
March
Registered Users
seller

I still had Grade 1 placentas (which is "freakishly amazing" according to my providers--best is Grade 0 but most singleton moms have Grade 3 or 4 by the end! Diet is the key!) at 38 weeks.

If Baby A had been vertex my midwife would have let me go into spontaneous labor whenever, up to 42 weeks. We had to go two hours away to find a doctor who would take us (in my local area if you say you had midwife care, you may as well have said you googled your prenatal care and saw a witch doctor to get some potions), and he was AWESOME, but I have a history of precipitous labor, and we were not risking a roadside breech birth, so the day of our first appointment with him we decided to go ahead and either induce or cut. We went with the cesarean because she was no longer frank breech but transverse, so the odds of an eventual cesarean after the trial of labor were high.

The (also wonderful) MFM we saw played by the 38-week rule, though. I read a handful of studies on the NCBI database that showed that that rule was based on outdated/disproven data, but most MDs and even state legislatures have stuck with it. I feel like trusting your provider is the most important thing. No matter what, 38 weeks is a quite respectable length of time for a woman to carry more than one baby.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #140
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Rachel, my OBs said the same thing, no farther than 38 weeks. I had a very dear friend who also did IVF and lost one of her twins at 39 weeks due to a cord accident. Now granted, she was not being monitored like she should have been at the end but still, it doesn't bother me that they wont let me go past 38 weeks after what happened to her.

Laura, that's amazing you had such awesome placentas! I think I have a little placenta jealousy already, haha! I think you did AMAZINGLY well for going as long as you did and having full-term, healthy babies! Just fantastic!

AFM, I'm 5'11, supposed "perfect" frame for having twins and I already hate food! I'm 20 weeks today (countdown to viability now begins!) and still feel pretty good so I can't imagine how it's going to be toward the end with eating. I just have little to no appetite, nothing sounds good and I really have to force myself to eat. I'm thinking of looking into some shakes or something to supplement. I think I can *drink* my food easier than eating it at this point.

FYI: Updated the first page with everyone's info! Take a peek and make sure I didn't mess up something when you get a second